GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Got a couple passes in yesterday before it got too hot.

New PB but I feel like the car is still lacking up top. DA was better but my mph just isn't there. Same set up as before aside from a revised map but it didn't seem to help much.

Anyone have any ideas as to why my mph is so low ??

ET: 12.17
MPH: 108.79
60: 1.75
DA: 2,193
MODEL: MK7 GTI
ENGINE: 2.0T
TURBO: is20
TRANS: DSG
FUEL: E50
WT: Full
TIRES: Slicks
SOFTWARE: 5150
USER: Local (B. Alexander)
TRACK: Fontana

Your et is low because you have slicks.. Must have hooked up really well! 1.76 60's? Damn! What is your front wheel/tire setup & size?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Your et is low because you have slicks.. Must have hooked up really well! 1.76 60's? Damn! What is your front wheel/tire setup & size?

It does leave pretty hard. I'd like to see a 1.6 soon

I'm using 17x8 et45 RPF1 on 26x8.5 17 M&H Racemasters. I wondered that too so i did a pass on my street tires and still got a lowly 106 mph on a 2.3 60'.

I think I've seen people with the same size tire trapping higher. Maybe i should try with more air in them? I was at 8.5 psi cold; 13.5 when i got back to the pit.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
It does leave pretty hard. I'd like to see a 1.6 soon

I'm using 17x8 et45 RPF1 on 26x8.5 17 M&H Racemasters. I wondered that too so i did a pass on my street tires and still got a lowly 106 mph on a 2.3 60'.

I think I've seen people with the same size tire trapping higher. Maybe i should try with more air in them? I was at 8.5 psi cold; 13.5 when i got back to the pit.
What kinda power does the tune make?

CandyR32

Passed Driver's Ed

I can help you out, lol your passes are in the right lane. Fontana the right lane the traps are off.

you are loosing 4MPH from left lane to right lane. Go over to the left lane and report back. ;) bet you trap 112ish
You have prob seen me out there im the Blue R with E85 R plates.

Last edited:

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
I can help you out, lol your passes are in the right lane. Fontana the right lane the traps are off.

you are loosing 4MPH from left lane to right lane. Go over to the left lane and report back. ;) bet you trap 112ish
You have prob seen me out there im the Blue R with E85 R plates.

I have see you out there yea! Thanks for this dude, you're the 2nd person to tell me this since Sunday so i will definitely get some left lane runs in.

Is ~112 MPH still adequate you think?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
what's the fastest anyone's run stock? dsg and manual.
Depends on what you mean by stock. As per the info in post 1, DSG full stock = 14.051, MT full stock 14.881.

There's guys using stock software with aftermarket parts, to some degree of success, also illustrated in the spreadsheet. Maybe the quicker ET car has OBDeleven traction tweaks, vs not? Tough to say, really.

im in the left lane
94 pump gas. full weight. ps4s tires. boss500. cts dp/ic/ic piping/intake. maestro tuned by the moose. 28psi. stk fueling. stk catback.

https://i.imgur.com/KpQbMY9.jpg

Wow- Your stats sit right in line at the top for stock fuel, pump gas, full weight, street tires on a bigger turbo. Probably right at the peak limit for that as 2.11 looks like the terminal 60' for a full weight fwd GTI on street tires.

Nice run!

Last edited:

Beamer2Clean

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Depends on what you mean by stock. As per the info in post 1, DSG full stock = 14.051, MT full stock 14.881.

There's guys using stock software with aftermarket parts, to some degree of success, also illustrated in the spreadsheet. Maybe the quicker ET car has OBDeleven traction tweaks, vs not? Tough to say, really.

I mean stock as in bone stock. like no high performance tires or obd for traction. I ran a 14.322 @ 98.43 and 100% stock straight out the factory. Was just wondering if anyone had a better time. DSG car @atco raceway about 90 degrees and humid that day.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

Wow- Your stats sit right in line at the top for stock fuel, pump gas, full weight, street tires on a bigger turbo. Probably right at the peak limit for that as 2.11 looks like the terminal 60' for a full weight fwd GTI on street tires.

Nice run!
thanks. i sat in line for an hour while all the race cars ran. the track conditions were as good as it gets for my shitty local track.

WHY_GTI1

Ready to race!
im in the left lane
94 pump gas. full weight. ps4s tires. boss500. cts dp/ic/ic piping/intake. maestro tuned by the moose. 28psi. stk fueling. stk catback.

https://i.imgur.com/KpQbMY9.jpg

nice 60ft for fwd!

I have a boss500 on my golf R
ps4s tires
ams dp/ams ic/ cts intake/ PR fueling
UM tuned 26psi
91 octane

i've only ran it 1/8th mile as thats very local to me
1.8 60ft
7.6 1/8 ET
92mph

what was your highest trap speed of the night? i would expect you to go about 3-5 mph faster than an R. Maybe it would show in the top end if I ran at a 1/4 mile track. Although this turbo is not very laggy.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
nice 60ft for fwd!

I have a boss500 on my golf R
ps4s tires
ams dp/ams ic/ cts intake/ PR fueling
UM tuned 26psi
91 octane

i've only ran it 1/8th mile as thats very local to me
1.8 60ft
7.6 1/8 ET
92mph

what was your highest trap speed of the night? i would expect you to go about 3-5 mph faster than an R. Maybe it would show in the top end if I ran at a 1/4 mile track. Although this turbo is not very laggy.

that was my best. i only made 2 passes. first was 13.1@115 but i spun until 1/2 way through 3rd. i turned down the requested torque in 1 and 2nd and ran this time. slight wheel hop in 1st then zero spin after that

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I have see you out there yea! Thanks for this dude, you're the 2nd person to tell me this since Sunday so i will definitely get some left lane runs in.

Is ~112 MPH still adequate you think?

With your setup I think you should be in the 11s and trap better. I did 12.0@114 on APR 93 stage 2 tune although at a faster track (Sacramento.) Did you do weight reduction? Are you TCU tuned? Did you turn off Cobb TC? What RPM do you launch and shift at? Also that tire psi is on the low side in my opinion. Did you try higher psi settings to see if it affected your 60s. I feel the higher psi without sacraficing 60s the better.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Finally made it to a strip today. MrsDutch and I met up with Hoon at 6:30 this morning, then made the drive up to New England Dragway in NH.

Relevant specs:
2017 GTI SE w/PP, nannies turned off.
Michelin PS4S 225/40R18 tires, stock Austin wheels
5150 tune
Gti jake FMIC
6MT with DKM twin disk clutch
MAP catted DP

I got three runs in.

1st wasn't great, tire pressure was at 27 and I skipped the burnout. Lots of wheelhop and I ended up with a 13.7.

2nd had potential at 20 Psi as the 60' was .3 under the first, but I botched the 1-2 shift and ended up at 14.5. Still have wheelhop.

3rd was the best of the day with a 13.5, video link below. Least wheelhop but still there. 6MT guys, are you ending your runs in 3rd or 4th? I stayed in 3rd for this one but hit the limit a few hundred feet from the end, you can hear it in the video.

https://youtu.be/LlEmM4IuKFA (in case it doesn't imbued.)