GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
This is a HUGE, HUGE help.

Any chance you've got a copy of the factory pinout for the stock harness back there? Wire color/pin locations? I recall having to move a couple things, but I'm not sure if that was just on his harness or the factory harness, too.

I'm not sure if you make it out east for H2Oi (RIP) or any other events, but I'm buying you like 10 packs of beer for this haha

That’s what I have in my data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I had heard good things on this forum as well. That’s why I didn’t make a big stink initially.

Shipment was slow at first, they said one part number was out of stock. June 1 I got a tracking number. I watched that tracking for a while, it kept saying sitting in New York. Finally I asked them to investigate. End of June, I finally said, I need a replacement shipment or money back. They fought me on that for most of July saying they needed EMS to respond to the investigation.

Then finally July 27th he agreed to a replacement and wrote:

Processing would take some 2-3 days we hope, considering that we currently have the lights in stock,
And delivery would be 6-8 days with EMS to USA.
Hope to hear a prompt answer!
Constantine, Cars245 team.

Having a more detailed watch this time, I waited until the 2-3 days and asked for tracking. No answer.

I sent multiple emails asking for tracking.

Then August 10: he writes

We are still in the process of forming your replacement, as the items should be handled with care.
We are yet again, still waiting for an answer from EMS regarding the situation with the original parcel.
Will inform you of any further details.
Kindest regards,
Constantine, Cars245.com

At that point I had enough and asked for immediate refund.

I have asked for that every day and no response.

Update. Still more excuses, but still nothing. Very sick of their excuses.

xmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
FWIW, I just got my taillights I ordered on 7/26 in from e-acca today.

It took them quite awhile to get them from VW (they quoted me 10-15 business days, it was a little longer), but once they got them in from VW the shipping to me on the west coast was incredibly quick. They shipped out on Monday and I just got them today which is great considering the shipping cost wasn't a whole lot.

If cars245 is giving you the runaround I might consider trying e-acca instead.

amarq17

Hey guys,

On my second install of these tail lights as my '15 SE was totaled by guy who ran a red light. Thankfully only the left outter was damaged and I was able to take rest of totaled car.

Installed on my '17 SE w/ DAP wiring harness and running into a few things. Install was easier second time around. I noticed my inners are not sitting completely flush with my outters. I don't recall this on my '15 SE.

I even cut out a majority of the padding on the inners to help tighten them down further but there is still a noticeable raise, if sliding finger across.

Also with the DAP harness. For the passenger side inner, towards the end of my install I go to connect the OEM connected to the DAP connector, and the one DAP supplies (for the second time in a row) does not properly fit the OEM plug. I have to once again get a dremel to remove the raised edge tab in order to plug this in. Am I missing something? Pics below.

Thanks

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Try to adjust the outer tails. There are two little holes on the black inside of the outer lights. As far as I remember you need a T10.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Don't be cutting padding.

Try to adjust the outer tails. There are two little holes on the black inside of the outer lights. As far as I remember you need a T10.

Yeah you just adjust them and pretty sure its a T10. You also need a slim screwdriver my normal one wasn't long/thin enough. It actually makes a big difference aligning them, i spent about 15 minutes tweaking them to get it as close as possible. Now i notice taillights that aren't aligned haha.

amarq17

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Yeah i ended up cutting the padding on the insides similar to the padding on the NA OEM ones. I'm assuming padding is to reduce any noise and slippage? Can put back if needed, but will look to adjust the outters.

m0sh

For everyone with these fitted, do your taillights do the sequential motion even when parked? Mine seem to only work as a normal turn signal when parked.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Hey guys, thanks for the info. Yeah i ended up cutting the padding on the insides similar to the padding on the NA OEM ones. I'm assuming padding is to reduce any noise and slippage? Can put back if needed, but will look to adjust the outters.

I believe it also is for making it water tight. I'd put the padding back and adjust it properly when you have time. It's really easy to adjust with the screwdriver, just takes some time to get it how you like it.

For everyone with these fitted, do your taillights do the sequential motion even when parked? Mine seem to only work as a normal turn signal when parked.

Mine do the sweeping motion for everything all the time. Not sure what you mean by normal when parked, but pretty sure its a coding change if you want it sweeping all the time. Depends on who made your harness and what coding you used.

sshlyk

Ready to race!
In my case, I could not connect one of the outer lights to DAP harness. Factory connector was yellow (other connectors are black) and it would not fit because one of the grooves was reversed. I had to remove bump with the utility knife on DAP harness to fit it.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
If anyone is interested I have a set of almost brand new ones. They were on my car for about 1k miles. No scratches or anything. If you dont want to wait for shipping from Europe buy mine. $500 shipped. PM me Reason for sale is I sold the car.

xmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Finished installing these this weekend and they're just too cool. I was surprised at how bright the amber is, but I feel like the brake LED brightness could be a bit higher. Overall these are one of the best upgrades I've done to the car.

I've got the DAP harness and mine sweep when it's parked, if you're referring to the left and right blinker controls.

Also if I'm unlocking/locking the car they do different things depending on the action (and what the previous action was), but part of it does trigger a sweep and it seems a little quicker than the turn signals go.

In my case, I could not connect one of the outer lights to DAP harness. Factory connector was yellow (other connectors are black) and it would not fit because one of the grooves was reversed. I had to remove bump with the utility knife on DAP harness to fit it.
I also had to shave down a brown connector on my car, for me it was the driver side inner. Kind of annoying as the directions don't really mention it and neither does the video from what I recall.

scottycruz

Sorry if this has been covered...I own a 2015 golf R and a little confused with the whole wiring harness thing.

"If you already have the MK7 OEM LED tails and a harness from DAP/BEC/etc, these will not work with the new tails as the connectors have changed. You will need a new harness found below."

if I'm understanding correctly, if I buy a harness from DAP then it won't work with these tail lights but according to the first post, I will need a DAP harness...unless the new DAP harness has the new upgraded connector for these tail lights?