GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dsg service.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Did mine at 34k and it looked really good. Mostly stage 2 and 6K miles IS38. Couple days at the drag strip, tons of street pulls. I'm sure I could have gone to 40k or slightly over with no issues.

Other people do them at 40k and the fluid is black and looks burnt, even on less modded cars with likely less WOT time.

I think a big factor is whether or not you have bumper to bumper traffic on your commute.

Regardless, If you just drain and fill it's not that bad of a procedure, should be about $125 and 2 hours time with basic tools and mechanical ability.

Brinker

Ready to race!
Quick question, does US cars have a different maintenance schedule than cdn cars? Reason why I ask cuz my owners manual says to change DSG fluid and filter at 60000 km which works out to roughly 37200 miles, not the 40K that people are changing the fluid at

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
Did mine at 34k and it looked really good. Mostly stage 2 and 6K miles IS38. Couple days at the drag strip, tons of street pulls. I'm sure I could have gone to 40k or slightly over with no issues.

Other people do them at 40k and the fluid is black and looks burnt, even on less modded cars with likely less WOT time.

I think a big factor is whether or not you have bumper to bumper traffic on your commute.

Regardless, If you just drain and fill it's not that bad of a procedure, should be about $125 and 2 hours time with basic tools and mechanical ability.

Yes I had planned on draining it and measuring what came out, then replacing through filter house.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Quick question, does US cars have a different maintenance schedule than cdn cars? Reason why I ask cuz my owners manual says to change DSG fluid and filter at 60000 km which works out to roughly 37200 miles, not the 40K that people are changing the fluid at

I think this proves a few thousand miles either way won't matter. They are doing that for round numbers.

16gtiguy

Ready to race!
I think type of driving had a lot to do with it as stated earlier. I have an hour commute mostly in heavy traffic. I changed my fluid at 22k miles and it was black, so I plan on doing it every 20k based on my driving style, commute and tune.

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
Define a little? 500 miles? Sure. 5k? Probably not ideal.

Is measuring & pouring back in what comes out a good method, or it makes since that there should be a set specific amount that should be put in? And do I need to run through the gears with my foot on the brake, or is that only for the bottom fill method? If anyone knows

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Is measuring & pouring back in what comes out a good method, or it makes since that there should be a set specific amount that should be put in? And do I need to run through the gears with my foot on the brake, or is that only for the bottom fill method? If anyone knows

Depends on how anal you are and if you think they filled it at the factory the right amount.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I would go it as close to 40K as possible if you change it at the specified intervals and need it to keep your warranty in effect.

If you're tuned you might want to change it sooner. If you're at 4 years it might be a good idea to also change the battery,

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion

Yes, and no. You measure primarily to determine if your transmission is leaking or was overfilled. You have to be absolutely level to get all the oil out, else you will retain a tenth or two of oil. You should get 4.5 liters (+/- 0.2 L) drained out. Add 4.6L with new filter. I lift the front end to access drain (put on ramps), place my iphone level ap on roof and jack up rear until it reads 0°. You can put level flush on bottom of transmission oil pan and check again.

No you do not need to run through gears or get to specified temperature as you are not letting extra oil spill over plastic snorkel by using the overflow factory method. Good picture seen here at bottom of page that shows what is going on with overflow method. https://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/...cement-service-vw-and-audi-stronic-oil-flush/

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Anyone know if shops like autozone, advance, carry dsg fluid? Im at 40k now and worried to drive it.

You are fine to go past 40k man, don't worry too much. Just order the DSG service kit from amazon and by the time it gets here you will be ready to change it. Your car will be fine.

If you have prime it will get here in 2 days. Unless you are going on a cross country road trip you wont be able to drive enough to hurt anything before the fluid arrives.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07553LTM4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1