GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

nype

Drag Racing Champion

faid

Ready to race!
All of a sudden i see alot of people joining the Vancouver R Club in the past week. For those that arent in the club. We have a meet soon. Join to get details!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Curious where you all gas up?

After talking to Jonny at RPI about this, he and Marcel of HPA both agree that even Canadian Shell 91 is better than Chevron 94. Even George Smooth agrees on Shell > Chevron idea with regards to JB1 logs.

I fill up with Shell 92 at Blaine since I live so close.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

After talking to Jonny at RPI about this, he and Marcel of HPA both agree that even Canadian Shell 91 is better than Chevron 94. Even George Smooth agrees on Shell > Chevron idea with regards to JB1 logs.

I've heard that too from many people in the tuning community here and swtiched from Chevron 94 to Shell 91. My MKV GTI had an APR Stage 2+ 93oct tune that ran way smoother with less hesitation on Shell 91 compared to Chev 94. I ran Chev 94 exclusively for about 6 years on my APR 93 tune then Shell 91 on the same tune for about 2.5 years. My MK7.5 has only gotten Shell and will for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
All of a sudden i see alot of people joining the Vancouver R Club in the past week. For those that arent in the club. We have a meet soon. Join to get details!
I joined so I might see you guys at an upcoming meet. I will most likely be at the Pre-GCVW meet on Sat July 28th [emoji869]

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I've heard that too from many people in the tuning community here and swtiched exclusively from Chevron 94 to Shell 91. My MKV GTI had an APR Stage 2+ 93oct tune that ran way smoother with less hesitation on Shell 91 compared to Chev 94. I ran Chev 94 exclusively for about 6 years on my APR 93 tune then Shell 91 on the same tune for about 2.5 years FYI. My MK7.5 has only gotten Shell and will for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

faid

Ready to race!

Love my Shell 91. Ran chev. 94 for a while. Logged did not look good.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
If any of you guys are going to the R Club meet tomorrow I'll see you there!

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Details for those not on facebook?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Details for those not on facebook?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Great getting to meet everyone today.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Sux I missed it. Family duties prevailed.

I was hoping to add to the peasant contingent. Lol

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Sux I missed it. Family duties prevailed.

I was hoping to add to the peasant contingent. Lol

Haha, same here. Family stuff always seems to come up.