GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Is everybody getting the ones with the rear fogs? I'm looking into getting a set and was wondering if the rear fogs require more coding and if they're really worth it or not? I haven't looked up any prices yet so I honestly don't even know if they're more expensive, so sorry for the ignorance. Ha.

autofi

Passed Driver's Ed
Is everybody getting the ones with the rear fogs? I'm looking into getting a set and was wondering if the rear fogs require more coding and if they're really worth it or not? I haven't looked up any prices yet so I honestly don't even know if they're more expensive, so sorry for the ignorance. Ha.

If you want to add rear fogs your GTI sport will need a light switch also.The harness will be slightly different to accommodate the coding.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

The cheapest way is to order:
- VW retrofit kit 5G1052200C at places like e-acca.com or cars245.com. It comes with a rear fog on the inner left side but you don't have to use it.
- Get a adapter harness
- Code with obdeleven or VCDS

As autofi already said if you want the rear fog to work on your 2017 Sport you need a proper light switch, a trigger wire between light switch and BCM, and light switch coding on top.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I installed the VW kit that comes with a rear fog but ZERO815 made my harness for me with no fog provision because I had no need for it, having never used it on my mk5 for 8 years. He'll also provide you coding for a no fog install.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Around here the police stops you when fog is lit,saying a taillight is missing...

Where in NY do you live? Seems like in NYC police don’t care because I see idiots with light bars on, HID’s on everything on all the time and police just don’t care to pull them over, I’m glad to see more and more State police roaming around the city and they are more aggressive when it comes to enforcing the law, I see a bunch European cars with the rear fogs on when not needed and they are very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
The cheapest way is to order:
- VW retrofit kit 5G1052200C at places like e-acca.com or cars245.com. It comes with a rear fog on the inner left side but you don't have to use it.
- Get a adapter harness
- Code with obdeleven or VCDS

As autofi already said if you want the rear fog to work on your 2017 Sport you need a proper light switch, a trigger wire between light switch and BCM, and light switch coding on top.

Thanks for the info. I actually picked up a 18 SE so I don't have the Sport anymore. I'll do the process you just posted and just not run the fogs if I don't want to.

Is that part number you posted the whole kit? Or do I still need to buy each part number from the first page of this thread for each individual part of the set (inner and outers)?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Thanks for the info. I actually picked up a 18 SE so I don't have the Sport anymore. I'll do the process you just posted and just not run the fogs if I don't want to.

Is that part number you posted the whole kit? Or do I still need to buy each part number from the first page of this thread for each individual part of the set (inner and outers)?

Yes the part number is the whole set of 4 tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD-1

Ready to race!
If I understand correct the VW retrofit kit 5G1052200C is slightly tinted right?

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Stupid question that has probably been answered in this thread but do the oem mk7.5 have a "plug and play" mode like the older euro mk7 tails (no blinker function but still works?)