GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

roystr

Ready to race!
It's a little too early to tell. What drew me to the RSR clutch in my MK6 was the holding power and everyone saying that the pedal pressure felt like OEM. Right after the install, that was certainly NOT the case. The increase in pedal pressure was huge. It did soften up over time though...took maybe 2500 miles. It was never as soft as the OEM clutch (which is arguably too soft) but it was close.

I'm at that break-in point now with the SRE. The pedal is really stiff. It's not as stiff as day 1, but I want to give it more time before passing judgement. The FCP kit is a killer deal for the price and the fact that they use a sprung organic disc means that the engagement is very smooth.

Roy

elamothe15

Ready to race!
To be clear, the RSR and FCP kits are NOT the same. With the FCP kit, you get the SRE pressure plate. I believe the RSR kit is just the regular TTRS pressure plate.

The FCP and Emmanuele Design (edmauto) kits do use the same PP though.

I had the RSR in my previous car (MK6) and I have the FCP my current car (MK7). So far, the pedal pressure increase has been higher for the FCP kit. That said, I only have 750 miles on it and feels like it is starting to soften up.

The FCP kit is indeed a TTRS pressure plate, but yes it is not be exactly the same as the RSR kit.

It's tough to tell as I cannot see the P/N on the Emmanuele Design pressure plate, but I can confirm the P/N is the same as the Sachs kit for the TTRS. Looking at the pictures they could be the same (TTRS Sachs and Mk7 Sachs).

https://store.034motorsport.com/sac...ith-organic-disc-upgraded-pressure-plate.html

Also....note that 034 recommends that specific clutch with their upgraded turbo kit which puts out 450 ft-lbs of torque....

https://store.034motorsport.com/rs5...g-package-for-8j-mkii-audi-ttrs-2-5-tfsi.html

Last edited:

Russellvw21

Ready to race!
shout out to FCP For the kit and quick shipping. I had slipping issues as you can see lol. Had a pain in the ass time doing the clutch DIY. The performance pack has the vaq diff which gave us a massive hard time to get the trans out. Pedal feel is awesome. Way softer than previous set up and ZERO CHATTER which is just perfect. So far so good. Thanks agAib FCP for great pricing and customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roystr

Ready to race!
The FCP kit is indeed a TTRS pressure plate, but yes it is not be exactly the same as the RSR kit.

It's tough to tell as I cannot see the P/N on the Emmanuele Design pressure plate, but I can confirm the P/N is the same as the Sachs kit for the TTRS. Looking at the pictures they could be the same (TTRS Sachs and Mk7 Sachs).

https://store.034motorsport.com/sac...ith-organic-disc-upgraded-pressure-plate.html

Also....note that 034 recommends that specific clutch with their upgraded turbo kit which puts out 450 ft-lbs of torque....

https://store.034motorsport.com/rs5...g-package-for-8j-mkii-audi-ttrs-2-5-tfsi.html

You can see part numbers of the FCP kit here. I believe the FCP and EDM kits use the same PP. The RSR PP is different. It looks like (maybe?) the RSR kit is the factory TTRS PP and the FCP/EDM is the SRE TTRS PP?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43202

Roy

FCP Euro

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK7 GTI TCR
Russellvw21, thanks for the support! hope you enjoy the kit.

shout out to FCP For the kit and quick shipping. I had slipping issues as you can see lol. Had a pain in the ass time doing the clutch DIY. The performance pack has the vaq diff which gave us a massive hard time to get the trans out. Pedal feel is awesome. Way softer than previous set up and ZERO CHATTER which is just perfect. So far so good. Thanks agAib FCP for great pricing and customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elamothe15

Ready to race!
What setup do you have that the SRE slipped?

I'm curious about this too. If you had an SRE and it slipped, I'd be hesitant to go with the TTRS kit as they most likely hold very very similar torque levels

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed
so i'm halfway in on my fcp clutch kit install, and having one bear of a time. ended up calling it a night with the trans unbolted and hanging up on just about everything. I have a sport with the PP diff. I'm at the point where I have the diff unbolted but I can't get it out. I am 99% sure the axle cup needs to come off for the diff to slide out, but can't seem to figure out how to get the cup off. There's no bolts holding it in place, and there's not really enough room to see whats going on.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
There is a good Youtube guide online by RadFox. Have you checked that out? He shows exactly how to get it off.

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a good Youtube guide online by RadFox. Have you checked that out? He shows exactly how to get it off.

just watched that part again, I think i figured it out. We kinda assumed since that hex key moved spun, it wasn't what we needed to do. I think I got it figured it out now.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
so i'm halfway in on my fcp clutch kit install, and having one bear of a time. ended up calling it a night with the trans unbolted and hanging up on just about everything. I have a sport with the PP diff. I'm at the point where I have the diff unbolted but I can't get it out. I am 99% sure the axle cup needs to come off for the diff to slide out, but can't seem to figure out how to get the cup off. There's no bolts holding it in place, and there's not really enough room to see whats going on.

There is an allen bolt inside the axle cup, you will need a long allen key to get to it. If you look at the axle cup, there is a hole in the center, the bolt is all the way in there. Once you remove this, the cup comes off the differential and allows the LSD unit to slide off as well.

bicycle019

Passed Driver's Ed
There is an allen bolt inside the axle cup, you will need a long allen key to get to it. If you look at the axle cup, there is a hole in the center, the bolt is all the way in there. Once you remove this, the cup comes off the differential and allows the LSD unit to slide off as well.

You'll need to use a super long 1/4" drive extension (3/8th it too big in diameter to fit in the hole in the axle cup) with a 6mm on the end, or just buy this tool, it's way easier than going the extension route. I cut a cheap t-handle apart, used the long shank 6mm in a 1/4" drive deep socket, a long extension, and some duct tape to keep things from pulling apart during removal. Bought the tool for the reinstall as I didn't trust my hodge podge tool to hold the required re-assembly torque.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VX0RI3S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ashiun

Ready to race!
I'm sorry if I missed it but searches revealed nothing.
Anybody on this clutch with a bigger tur o than IS38? I've already got this clutch for my IS20 FBO and I'm thinking of getting a biggerturbo, but then it occurred to me that my clutch might not even be able to handle a dbv2 or eqt.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I'm sorry if I missed it but searches revealed nothing.
Anybody on this clutch with a bigger tur o than IS38? I've already got this clutch for my IS20 FBO and I'm thinking of getting a biggerturbo, but then it occurred to me that my clutch might not even be able to handle a dbv2 or eqt.

In theory you should be good up to 400 torque but above that I would get another clutch.