GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Brand new 2018 GTI SE, ~360 miles.

There's a hump that goes all the way across the parkway on my daily commute that I hit every day for months in my '02 BMW 330, occasionally in my wife's '15 RX350, and daily for the last few weeks in an '07 Tundra with 221K mi. Nothing ever happened that concerned me. The Tundra was a little boingy, as you would expect.

In my new GTI, it feels like the suspension tops all the way out, you'd be launched out of the seat into the roof if you didn't have a belt on, it hits the bump stops when coming down, and then bounces a couple of times!

It really pisses me off. I promised my wife there would be ZERO modifications during the warranty.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

There's a hump that goes all the way across the parkway on my daily commute that I hit every day for months in my '02 BMW 330, occasionally in my wife's '15 RX350, and daily for the last few weeks in an '07 Tundra with 221K mi. Nothing ever happened that concerned me. The Tundra was a little boingy, as you would expect.

In my new GTI, it feels like the suspension tops all the way out, you'd be launched out of the seat into the roof if you didn't have a belt on, it hits the bump stops when coming down, and then bounces a couple of times!

It really pisses me off. I promised my wife there would be ZERO modifications during the warranty.

Have you checked the front struts for shipping pucks?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
The engine auto start stop function that can't be turned off permanently. Every time I start the car I have to also click on the auto start stop button to disable it. I'm a courier in Phoenix and the last thing that I want is the engine shutting off when it's 115 degrees at every stoplight. OBDeleven said they would work on a way to turn it off permanently.

There's an easy workaround with OBDeleven or VCDS-- just change the threshold voltage for the system to activate, so it never activates. It's a single adaptation change. It's been posted various places here, you can find it fairly easily.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!

Sounds like your shipping pucks are still in!

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT

I don’t there are any manufactured cars which hits a road hump/bump worse than 3series Bimmers. I’d check below...
Hope the link shows.

Here are pictures:

[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Oh and one more annoyance.

How many others have same issue? I have seen on one other Golf on the road.

My rear windshield washer seems to drip onto my window for no reason at all and leaves an annoying trail of water mark.
Very annoying. Especially after I give her a bath.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Oh, I have to lift up the strut boots to see the pucks! I thought they'd be in the springs, which I looked at already.

Will report back ASAP!

Tires were 10psi over when I got it.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
I work right across the street from my dealer service dept. 35 minutes from leaving my desk, I'm back, and now my car is un-pucked!

The car came from another dealer and clearly did not get PDI, what with the holiday week or whatever. They will take care of that next week when they install new strut boots.

Thanks all, and especially Workhorse!

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
I work right across the street from my dealer service dept. 35 minutes from leaving my desk, I'm back, and now my car is un-pucked!

The car came from another dealer and clearly did not get PDI, what with the holiday week or whatever. They will take care of that next week when they install new strut boots.

Thanks all, and especially Workhorse!

That’s great to hear. I guess you’ll be taking the Long way back home? LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Always! Saw Mill Pkwy to Bedford Hills, across thru Pound Ridge and into North Stamford. Excellent drive and never any traffic. Unless some asshole illegally drives a big truck onto the Saw Mill and hits a 10' overpass.

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Always! Saw Mill Pkwy to Bedford Hills, across thru Pound Ridge and into North Stamford. Excellent drive and never any traffic. Unless some asshole illegally drives a big truck onto the Saw Mill and hits a 10' overpass.

Hmmmm. Never took that route before. Gotta give it a try. Thanks

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Hey. My MFD just decided to Reset by itself.

All my station presets are gone and my phone’s Bluetooth connection as well.

Anyone encounter this issue? Often?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
internet guess

OEM battery and the heat = battery on way out.

could just be weird glitch but if OEM battery I like it