GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Denz.b

Hey guys, first time posting here so go easy on me :)
Did some logs today and yesterday with some values george gave me. Been trying additives for some time, but want to dial in a decent absolute map.

Here's the numbers he gave me:

Failsafe set at 27, fuel bias all set to 100. Fuel open loop 60

Mods are Catted DP, turbo muffler delete, closed air intake. Running EU 98(US 93?) and e20-25% blend. Since its a clubsport I have the is38 turbo ;)

Did 2 logs, First one I forgot to push it beyond 6k and on my second run I forogot to turn off traction. Shouldn't affect my Ign1 tho which I think looks a little sketchy?
Afr also crashed on second run, what's up with that?:confused:

First Run: ambient temp 65F
https://datazap.me/u/denzb/log-1531518675?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-9-11-14-18

Second Run: ambient temp 72F
https://datazap.me/u/denzb/log-1531518675?log=2&data=1-3-4-6-9-11-14-18&solo=11

Almost forgot, 6MT.

RedStarRacer

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone have experience getting a front mount and did you notice significant improvement over stock? Install is just miles easier and it makes it really easy to swap back to stock if i sell the car...just not sure if i'll get the benefits i need from it to run map6 all through the summer.

GTI Jake's kit FTW it's no joke, good as any option or better, takes 2 hours max to install. Cost to you other than the cooler........two actual Cobalt drill bits. Watch his vid and read his thread on here

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey guys, first time posting here so go easy on me :)
Did some logs today and yesterday with some values george gave me. Been trying additives for some time, but want to dial in a decent absolute map.

Here's the numbers he gave me:

Failsafe set at 27, fuel bias all set to 100. Fuel open loop 60

Mods are Catted DP, turbo muffler delete, closed air intake. Running EU 98(US 93?) and e20-25% blend. Since its a clubsport I have the is38 turbo ;)

Did 2 logs, First one I forgot to push it beyond 6k and on my second run I forogot to turn off traction. Shouldn't affect my Ign1 tho which I think looks a little sketchy?
Afr also crashed on second run, what's up with that?:confused:

First Run: ambient temp 65F
https://datazap.me/u/denzb/log-1531518675?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-9-11-14-18

Second Run: ambient temp 72F
https://datazap.me/u/denzb/log-1531518675?log=2&data=1-3-4-6-9-11-14-18&solo=11

Almost forgot, 6MT.

I think the clubsport has that weird overboost function it does. Don't think one should run a JB4 with that. It will be either too low or too high. Can't tune for something that changes like that.

bigdave79

Ready to race!
So I installed an eBay twincooler a couple of days ago and have been playing around with some e85 on map 2. Here's my first log in 3rd. Timing looks good to me but I am no expert. I was impressed at the IATs which remained low until I took my foot of the gas. Let me know what you think!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Denz.b

I think the clubsport has that weird overboost function it does. Don't think one should run a JB4 with that. It will be either too low or too high. Can't tune for something that changes like that.
Valid point, tho and just guessing here but the overboost is activated by kickdown(rarely use it anyways) shouldn't that extra power which is controlled by the ecu requesting more boost be overriden by absolute numbers? I.e cancle the overboost completly?

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So I installed an eBay twincooler a couple of days ago and have been playing around with some e85 on map 2. Here's my first log in 3rd. Timing looks good to me but I am no expert. I was impressed at the IATs which remained low until I took my foot of the gas. Let me know what you think!

Lol. its map2 on ethanol. overkill. put some boost through that thing.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Valid point, tho and just guessing here but the overboost is activated by kickdown(rarely use it anyways) shouldn't that extra power which is controlled by the ecu requesting more boost be overriden by absolute numbers? I.e cancle the overboost completly?

The ecu is always in play. you tune off of overboost and it might run lean when it isnt overboosting. you tune off no overboost it should be ok. so make sure you are tuning from no overboost runs.

pedal needs to be 100 for data to be relevant. 2nd run not sure what happened as ign1 wigged out. hopefully that doesnt happen often?

Denz.b

The ecu is always in play. you tune off of overboost and it might run lean when it isnt overboosting. you tune off no overboost it should be ok. so make sure you are tuning from no overboost runs.

pedal needs to be 100 for data to be relevant. 2nd run not sure what happened as ign1 wigged out. hopefully that doesnt happen often?
Roger! It's the first time I've seen ign1 do that, will run some more logs to verify it's not occuring regularly.

Other than that, would you need to see another log before I make any changes or do you have any suggestions of values?

symple84

I am running Map 2 and I feel a slight hesitation when up around 5k RPM. It’s almost like the power cuts out for a moment. Would do some runs in Map6 help diagnose this problem?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I am running Map 2 and I feel a slight hesitation when up around 5k RPM. It’s almost like the power cuts out for a moment. Would do some runs in Map6 help diagnose this problem?
Get a log of map2 and post it

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Still just running Map 1 on E25ish. Yesterday went for a drive in 90+ heat and I’m happy with how things are looking and that I can still push it when it’s hot. The only thing that looks weird is the AFR and trims spike at the beginning of the 3rd gear log. Anyone know what causes that?

3rd Gear:
https://datazap.me/u/dood/7-14-18map1e27t913rdgear?log=0&data=1-4

4th Gear:
https://datazap.me/u/dood/7-14-18map1e27t914thgear?log=0&data=1-4

Gonna try Map 2 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: