GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Talk to Kelly and get some meth. That'd be my suggestion.

If I had unlimited money, sure....Kelly does great work, but I would rather have a new VTT turbo than a meth kit installed ;)

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
To each, his own :)

I'd rather beat the heat.

Not too worried about heat, as we have this weather max 3 weeks a year....now if I lived in Midwest I may go your route

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Not too worried about heat, as we have this weather max 3 weeks a year....now if I lived in Midwest I may go your route

I grew up in Indiana. I hear you.

I'd rather have 370+whp all year, even in those 3 weeks, than a weird combo of badass winter power and shitty summer power. Especially on a JB4

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I ran +7.5_8 on my jb4 on stock ic with meth in the heat I have here and our heat here in yuma is stupid. Meth is a cheap alternative way to beat heat and is an added bonus when temps are cool also.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I ran +7.5_8 on my jb4 on stock ic with meth in the heat I have here and our heat here in yuma is stupid. Meth is a cheap alternative way to beat heat and is an added bonus when temps are cool also.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Huge bonus in cool temps. I'm running more boost and timing on less ethanol due to the meth, but that's no surprise to anyone. It has allowed me to work around LPFP and HPFP installs and still squeeze another, maybe 10whp out of the setup.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I grew up in Indiana. I hear you.

I'd rather have 370+whp all year, even in those 3 weeks, than a weird combo of badass winter power and shitty summer power. Especially on a JB4

I'm pretty much done with JB4 once I upgrade the turbo anyways....it has been great though for an interim solution until I did a proper tune

jibbajoe

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone have experience getting a front mount and did you notice significant improvement over stock? Install is just miles easier and it makes it really easy to swap back to stock if i sell the car...just not sure if i'll get the benefits i need from it to run map6 all through the summer.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
From the logs shown and data provided it seems a FMIC & a Twin cooler offer benefits that warrant the cost + install. It may not be the best persay, but it will be good enough for a JB4 non BT car. Frank Mabo's kit seems to be the king of FMIC whelm, its fucking HUGEEE also.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have experience getting a front mount and did you notice significant improvement over stock? Install is just miles easier and it makes it really easy to swap back to stock if i sell the car...just not sure if i'll get the benefits i need from it to run map6 all through the summer.

Get the GTI Jakes FMIC - excellent value and way bigger core than the other solutions on the market and less cost