GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
OK stupid question here, please dont kill me. What is the difference between the FCP kit vs RSR vs. Haus of Dub kit etc etc. Besides the pricing that is.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
OK stupid question here, please dont kill me. What is the difference between the FCP kit vs RSR vs. Haus of Dub kit etc etc. Besides the pricing that is.

The pricing. That's it. They are the same kits.

@Sir_Mk7r the trans fluid for these cars is "Lifetime" meaning more like 100K miles. I replaced mine around 60K when I was doing the trans and it was still in good shape. Did not seem to have broken down nor did it have too much metal content (did a viscosity test @ ambient temps and left a sample over a drain with a magnet overnight and very little deposited on the magnet, poor man's analysis)

Coolant is based on the water content level, IIRC. Supposed to take a hydrometer reading every 40K/2 years and check SG. For 50% concentration it should be in the ballpark of 1.080 @ ambient temps (68-78*F). Higher SG means >50%, lower means <50%.

Brake/Clutch fluid is every 2 years, generally regardless of miles due to the hydrophilic nature of brake fluid.

We have electric steering, so there is no power steering fluid :)

dlau9

Go Kart Champion

@Sir_Mk7r the trans fluid for these cars is "Lifetime" meaning more like 100K miles. I replaced mine around 60K when I was doing the trans and it was still in good shape. Did not seem to have broken down nor did it have too much metal content (did a viscosity test @ ambient temps and left a sample over a drain with a magnet overnight and very little deposited on the magnet, poor man's analysis)

Coolant is based on the water content level, IIRC. Supposed to take a hydrometer reading every 40K/2 years and check SG. For 50% concentration it should be in the ballpark of 1.080 @ ambient temps (68-78*F). Higher SG means >50%, lower means <50%.

Brake/Clutch fluid is every 2 years, generally regardless of miles due to the hydrophilic nature of brake fluid.

Gotta love the Markup on the RSR then after seeing how much FCP is selling it at.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
My apologies VW claims that there fluid will perform to 40k

I was an authorized Honda and Kia technician. fluid behaves the same. It will oxidize with use and over time. The best intervals that are pretty much standard across the board is 30k or 3 years. VW may claim some of there fluid will last a little longer and it might based on how you drive, but this is a safe interval that both Honda and Kia followed by. VW also seems to think a 10k oil change interval is safe as well, remember that. Not trying to argue with anyone just trying to give other members information that can help them.

I've been getting oil analysis done since I've owned the car and test show the oil and filter can go 13k. I do look to change it at 10k even though the analysis says other wise.

Bricktops

Passed Driver's Ed
Question for all:
How many miles was your break-in period?
I'm at 400 miles of stop and go traffic. Just babying it. Anxious to do some logs/pulls already!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!

Thank you for the updates, I looked into it and my information is outdated. My apologies for leading anyone astray.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Question for all:
How many miles was your break-in period?
I'm at 400 miles of stop and go traffic. Just babying it. Anxious to do some logs/pulls already!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m at 250 miles. I’ve done some WOT pulls but my car is set to stock for the “break in.” I haven’t don’t any quick 1-2 pulls, more just the downshift to 3rd or 4th and WOT

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
same here... not playing with meth or ethanol, plain ol' 93.

No eth available where I'm at and meth is a no go for me. So FCP here I come !! Do we need stock bolts to be replaced?

Seems like RSR has an option for GTI or R parts to be replaced to go along with the kit?

elamothe15

Ready to race!
No eth available where I'm at and meth is a no go for me. So FCP here I come !! Do we need stock bolts to be replaced?

Seems like RSR has an option for GTI or R parts to be replaced to go along with the kit?

If you go back a page or two there is a list of bolts you need to replace. You can simply order the package from HS Tuning or order them separately from FCP or ECS Tuning. I ordered mine from ECS as it was cheaper than the package from HS and I needed the clutch alignment tool which FCP currently doesn’t stock.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
If you go back a page or two there is a list of bolts you need to replace. You can simply order the package from HS Tuning or order them separately from FCP or ECS Tuning. I ordered mine from ECS as it was cheaper than the package from HS and I needed the clutch alignment tool which FCP currently doesn’t stock.

Thanks for the info!

roystr

Ready to race!
Gotta love the Markup on the RSR then after seeing how much FCP is selling it at.

To be clear, the RSR and FCP kits are NOT the same. With the FCP kit, you get the SRE pressure plate. I believe the RSR kit is just the regular TTRS pressure plate.

The FCP and Emmanuele Design (edmauto) kits do use the same PP though.

I had the RSR in my previous car (MK6) and I have the FCP my current car (MK7). So far, the pedal pressure increase has been higher for the FCP kit. That said, I only have 750 miles on it and feels like it is starting to soften up.

RSR PP:

EDM/FCP PP:

Last edited: