GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Mmajoubi

Those 305 FT101 look exactly like The Fast FC04 wheel. Which are flow-formed as are the 305 FT101 wheels...not "forged wheels" as you stated. Funny thing is the 305 wheels come in 18x8.5 et45 and Fast are 18x8 et40, wheel design for both is identical The Fast wheel is quite a bit less $$$

Who said they are forged?
Also these were heavily discounted for Black Friday.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
The company is called 305Forged.

My understanding is that a factory in Taiwan makes these as blanks in various specs as an un-finished wheel. Blanks are also sometimes called slugs. Companies here in North America then buy the blanks and complete the finishing process. This finishing process likely includes drilling bolt pattern and hub bore, as well as paint / powder coat and so on....

Imo they are a quality budget wheel, well worth it if you didn't bring lube for high end forged or even high end brand name flow formed wheels. Fast is Canadian owned and has a good reputation. Pretty sure same goes for 305 but US owned.

Edit: you might be surprised how many other companies make and sell rims under this business plan. It makes a ton of sense for US and Canadian manufacturers - they can sell for a fair amount lower and are therefore much more competitive with foreign companies.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Got my rse10 18x8.5 +45 in satin midnight blue with some conti ECS 235/40 mounted up.

Finally someone got the blue ones. Awesome choice and they look great

JSUN1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hubcentric wheels are a thing of the past. All wheels are lug centric now. Hubcentric rings are simply to make it easier to start tightening the lugs. They bear ZERO weight and contribute nothing to balance once the lugs are tightened correctly. Don't get hung up on avoiding hubcentric rings. It's pointless.

You couldn't be more wrong, you must either work for wheel manufacturers or just bought into their BS.

Aftermarket wheel manufacturers make the hub bores on their wheel larger so they can fit as many different wheel hubs as possible.because it's cheaper for them Wheel bolts / lug nuts are not designed to take the weight of the wheel, that is the purpose of the wheel hub. The weight of the wheel and car rests on the wheel hub.
Just because you can't get the wheel of your dreams w/o hub rings doesn't make it a good/great wheel.
That little protrusion on the wheel hub does more than center the wheel it's meant to carry the weight of the car...the lugs are simply meant to hold the wheel onto the hub.
True hub centric wheels are the better over wheels that use hub rings period.
haha, pretty funny (hub centric wheels are a thing of the past) yep, you've bought into that crap hook line and sinker.
Even a properly tightened wheel (lug centric) can get knocked out of round pretty easily and plastic hub rings can distort. If you're going the hub ring route find aluminum hub rings as they are better at keeping your wheel centered.

apiasto

Any thoughts on Flow One Race Spec rims? There are very few reviews online that I found. One forum member bought them and wanted to sell them in a week. They are inexpensive, light, good looking and flow formed. Assuming they are owned by Tirerack? Thoughts? Comments?
As a general rule of thumb you can have:

Strong, light or cheap pick 2.

It may not be true for all wheels but that's what I've found. A good compromise for wheels that are all 3 are enkeis. I personally would have rolled with the NT03+M on my GTI (had them on my WRX and loved them) but the problem is they need the right offset and width to look good but wouldn't fit easily on the GTI in said offset.

Picture for reference, those were 18x9.5 +38 all around on 265/35s

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The company is called 305Forged.

My understanding is that a factory in Taiwan makes these as blanks in various specs as an un-finished wheel. Blanks are also sometimes called slugs. Companies here in North America then buy the blanks and complete the finishing process. This finishing process likely includes drilling bolt pattern and hub bore, as well as paint / powder coat and so on....

It makes sense that these blanks are made in China. Explains the text “flow forming” on the rim/lip face.

I agree that both of these wheel choices are a great value.

El Golf

I am just trying to figure out if they will look good on my limestone grey color

Just happened upon this post and wanted to share. Racingline R360 in gunmetal.

Stock suspension. PSS 235/35/19.

I was going back and forth on the grayscale color combo but I think it works well overall. Still curious to see diamond cut or silver on an lsg tho.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
Just happened upon this post and wanted to share. Racingline R360 in gunmetal.

Stock suspension. PSS 235/35/19.

I was going back and forth on the grayscale color combo but I think it works well overall. Still curious to see diamond cut or silver on an lsg tho.

thanks, I was curious. Not sure how I feel about the color yet, wish they had a dark satin or black color.