GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$600 for Mods, 3,000 Mile Roadtrip

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Rough estimates for both, but figure I'll be going from NM to Denver to TN to Myrtle Beach before heading back to Jersey, so a tunes out of the question as I don't have enough for a clutch as well

What comes to mind that'll enhance the trip this August, since I'll stockpile em and bring them to whatever shop has an opening while we're in Denver.

Thanks for taking a look and have a great day!

Rogue

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I am a little confused. You have $600 for parts and labor and want to know how to best spend that money to make your 3000 mile trip better?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I’d set aside at least half of that for gas.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
If that's right, then OBD11, aspherical mirrors, and tint would be my recommendations before a long road trip. Might be able to get a rear sway bar in there too if you installed it yourself. Not if you paid for labor.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
I am a little confused. You have $600 for parts and labor and want to know how to best spend that money to make your 3000 mile trip better?

Oh, meant more what mods, stock piling a little $$$ for the parts, labor I'm sure I'll have taken care of as well

I’d set aside at least half of that for gas.

Gas is part of the main budget, this as mentioned above is a side one

If that's right, then OBD11, aspherical mirrors, and tint would be my recommendations before a long road trip. Might be able to get a rear sway bar in there too if you installed it yourself. Not if you paid for labor.

Hmm, does sound good, maybe throw in SS clutch line or brake line as well if the budget allows, whichever will be better.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Personal opinion here, I wouldn’t do anything until I get back home, what I mean by it is that once I change something There is always a chance that something was not install correctly, comes loose in the middle of nowhere, I remember a forum member that went on long trip and the ECS delay valve came loose and kind of ruined a bit of his trip , just be careful and test your mods for a few hundred miles before you take off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Personal opinion here, I wouldn’t do anything until I get back home, what I mean by it is that once I change something There is always a chance that something was not install correctly, comes loose in the middle of nowhere, I remember a forum member that went on long trip and the ECS delay valve came loose and kind of ruined a bit of his trip , just be careful and test your mods for a few hundred miles before you take off

This is absolute truth here. Coming from experience as well. You don't wanna mod before a road trip, especially if your car is already running perfectly fine. Do it after.

Wanna make your road trip better? Get some podcasts, a big gulp, and jujyfruits.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Piggy back module.
JB4 or Neuspeed Power Module.
The extra power is great for passing and on ramp runs.
Great for catching up or staying with faster groups.
NPM can sometimes come up for sale between $200-250
if you have time to watch. That leaves money for LED upgrades or toward a radar detector. If you had a DSG then I suggest paddle shift extensions.

The piggy back changes power and sound more than you think.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Piggy back module.
JB4 or Neuspeed Power Module.
The extra power is great for passing and on ramp runs.
Great for catching up or staying with faster groups.
NPM can sometimes come up for sale between $200-250
if you have time to watch. That leaves money for LED upgrades or toward a radar detector. If you had a DSG then I suggest paddle shift extensions.

The piggy back changes power and sound more than you think.

...and sound? I am interest to hear how you can elaborate on that. (Future jb4 owner here - pretty sure that's what I'll go with anyways)

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Radar detector

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
To tint the whole car will be around half your budget fyi. Most places charge 30-35 a window being there is 9 windows on the car is adds up. I would say do just this. Then mod more when you get back.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I will also recommend the tint if you haven't already. There's no escaping the highway sun without it.