GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Rcalka79

Ok part number and coding. These are the codes I got from the car yesterday. It’s the same car I have....sportwagon se with fender.

Amp—-5q0 035 456 —-22 00 00 00 02 aa aa aa 00 00 00 00 00 00
Infotainment——3q0 035 844—02 73 02 00 00 00 00 00 51 22 00 02 00 18 00 00 1f 01 00 b4 01 20 01 00 00
Screen——3go 919 605h——I didn’t code this.

ryansmk6

Ready to race!
So I’m working on this swap in my 2015 GTI with fender and slowly acquiring all parts. I picked up an infotainment unit online and wanted to test it before I wait too much longer. I hooked it all up with everything else still being mib1 components and it will turn on but continuously power cycle. Has anyone else seen this or might this be a defective unit?

treybyday

Passed Driver's Ed
So I’m working on this swap in my 2015 GTI with fender and slowly acquiring all parts. I picked up an infotainment unit online and wanted to test it before I wait too much longer. I hooked it all up with everything else still being mib1 components and it will turn on but continuously power cycle. Has anyone else seen this or might this be a defective unit?

All I can tell you is that mine did not power cycle. Then again, I didn't try running it with my MIB1 gear.

Are there any fault codes present in the 5F module?

ryansmk6

Ready to race!
I haven’t checked. Right after posting I remembered a friend has mib2 so I tried his unit and it doesn’t power cycle. Looks like this is faulty, I’ve already contacted the seller and hoping for a replacement.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Yeah I was worried about the same thing, so I opted to pay for a month of mobile hot spot service for my phone.
I just tried to do that, but I have a super grandfathered plan with T-Mobile and they told me nope.

Luckily, my WiFi reception was decent today so Jack was able to connect no problem.

If anyone needs a VAS5054 cable, I'll sell it for half what I paid once I'm done with it.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
I just tried to do that, but I have a super grandfathered plan with T-Mobile and they told me nope.

Luckily, my WiFi reception was decent today so Jack was able to connect no problem.

If anyone needs a VAS5054 cable, I'll sell it for half what I paid once I'm done with it.

Jack was successful with removing CP and activating everything. It took about 90 minutes from start to finish. All I need now is to wire up the new harness and I'll be set.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Anyone have issues with getting Android auto to load? I'm wondering if it's a coding issue.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Looks like it only thinks the USB is for charging hmm
Anyone have issues with getting Android auto to load? I'm wondering if it's a coding issue.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
I thought so. I bought the part numbers in the OP. I'm starting to think it's a wiring thing but it seems pretty difficult to mess up lol
Do you have the correct USB module and wiring harness?

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Have you coded the USB module in 5F? Byte 19 I believe.
I have but I'll double check. Maybe it's not taking for me.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
If that's not the problem, did you have a USB/Aux module in the car before the retrofit, or did you have the MDI module?
I had a MDI module. I replaced both the module and harness.