GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Error

bludevilx

Hey all just looking for some advice on the ongoing issue I've been having with my R. So I bought my 18 R on April 27. Not even a week later I start getting an EPC Error code while driving under a load at when the engine is cold. Cuts me to 4k rpms Max and takes away any power the car has.

I took it to my dealership after work that day. This first time I brought it in they pretty much said that VW doesn't know why it's happening and started switching things out that "might" fix the issue, as instructed by VW. They started with changing one of the oil pressure sensors. This didn't work. Then moved onto changing the wire to this pressure sensor. Nope. And then an oil change.... And of course it's back at the dealer the next day.

Biggest issue with all this is that Everytime they do a fix I've gotta go pick the car up to test it since the error will only show up under specific circumstances. Engine has to be cold and you've gotta get on a 60mph road before it starts warming up. The dealership is far from any 60mph roads and by the time they get to any nearby, the cars already at operating temp. So I've gotta go there grab a loaner each time just to bring it back the next day for a car I've had for 3 weeks already and have barely been able to drive.

Currently the dealership is saying their hands are tied having to go down the checklist VW has instructed. Any ideas on what I should do about this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zerocal1

Passed Driver's Ed
Time to find someone local with VCDS and have a look yourself at the codes. Or bite the bullet and take it to an indy to have a look.

Also, start mentioning Lemon Law to them, as I'm sure they'd find a way to get it fixed then.

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
How many times has it been back to the dealer? And what's Lemon Law like where you live?

Not saying return it under Lemon Law, but if you mention you're aware of it the dealer/VW might put more effort into diagnosing and fixing this rather than calling you in every day to check if the problem still exists.

bludevilx

How many times has it been back to the dealer? And what's Lemon Law like where you live?

Not saying return it under Lemon Law, but if you mention you're aware of it the dealer/VW might put more effort into diagnosing and fixing this rather than calling you in every day to check if the problem still exists.

It's currently on it's 4th visit now

Lemon law here in MN is 30days or a reasonable number of attempted fixes (like 4 times) and the problem still exists. I'd love to not have to go there each time but only way I can think of for them to check it is to tow the car closer to a highway to test. Maybe I should push for that... Just getting frustrated now since cars brand new and everyone else is driving it lol

Joel

Ready to race!
does it happen if you let it get to operating temp before seeing higher rpms?

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
It's currently on it's 4th visit now

Lemon law here in MN is 30days or a reasonable number of attempted fixes (like 4 times) and the problem still exists. I'd love to not have to go there each time but only way I can think of for them to check it is to tow the car closer to a highway to test. Maybe I should push for that... Just getting frustrated now since cars brand new and everyone else is driving it lol

Frankly, it's not on you to figure out how they can diagnose, repair and test your vehicle. They're a VW dealer, it's a brand new VW under warranty, figuring this out is literally their job. If they have to tow it to the fucking moon to adequately test the car that's THEIR job.

If you go back again and it still isn't repaired, ask to speak to the GM of the store and explain that you feel like you have a lemon and that you're spending an unreasonable amount of time getting to and from the dealership and testing their repairs for them. See what they have to say.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Find a different dealer, they sound like a bunch of amateurs. The car should not leave til the issue is resolved. They need to open a VTA Ticket and resolve the issue or turn it into a buy back situation.