GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

fabric8

Passed Driver's Ed
JBALE's harness is just wiring (no PCB or module). The dynamic function is built into the light and enabled with coding. DAP and USP harnesses are copies of JBALE's. Audiamant has a module which really isn't necessary. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
JBALE's harness is just wiring (no PCB or module). The dynamic function is built into the light and enabled with coding. DAP and USP harnesses are copies of JBALE's. Audiamant has a module which really isn't necessary. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Seeing as I have audiamant I would have to agree but it's all in a carbon fiber tube full of resin so u can't tell what's going on

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

paul_elstak

Passed Driver's Ed
The question is what you want.

The VW retrofit kit doesn’t work in a NAR MK7 unless you add a couple of more wires between BCM and tails. The only added feature over an adapter solution are Single Sided Parking Lights. Most likely this solution stays with the car.

If you want to go with an adapter solution you’ll have parking lights, brake lights, reverse lights, and sweeping turn signals. Therefore you don’t need any additional electronic hardware. All it takes is re-routing. Single or double fog lights are possible as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks zero815! But EU golf mk7 doesn’t need wires between BCM and tails?

All functions are already there, only have to do some re-routing within the tails?

Tnx

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Comeplegely agree. I’m looking to retrofit these to a North American mk7.5 and all of the info here is related to the mk7. Of the 159 pages I might find a few pieces of info, but definitely not a full write up. I can’t even figure out where to find a harness as it’s different for the mk7.5, and JBale doesn’t seem to be answering PMs.
I have the 7.5 euro taillights installed on my 7.5 GTI. I haven't installed the harness or do coding yet but that will come in about a week. Big thanks to ZERO815 for making me the harness and including very thorough coding instructions .

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Many thanks zero815! But EU golf mk7 doesn’t need wires between BCM and tails?

All functions are already there, only have to do some re-routing within the tails?

Tnx

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Paul,
The re-routing is a little bit different to NAR cars but doable. PM me if you need help with coding.

BostonDriver

Ed from Bec is now accpeting pre-orders for 7.5 reps

Do the 7.5 reps require a harness to be run like the jbale harness in order to work like the OEM 7.5? From the BMP website it seems like they’re plug and play if you want them to work like normal US tails, but if you want the sequential turn signals you need a harness. Doesn’t say how that harness is run though.

Neilsdeal

Ready to race!
Bmp tuning already sold out of their allotment of BEC reps.

Yup; I bought a pair myself and should have them near the end of May. I could y resist given the price and Ed’s reputation for quality headlights.

And yeah, a harness is still needed for the dynamic signals. There was some information about the harness on a Facebook post when BMP announced the lights were for sale, but I don’t think it detailed the ‘how’. I’ll be swinging by their shop in Carrollton to ask questions after I get the lights in.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Yup; I bought a pair myself and should have them near the end of May. I could y resist given the price and Ed’s reputation for quality headlights.

And yeah, a harness is still needed for the dynamic signals. There was some information about the harness on a Facebook post when BMP announced the lights were for sale, but I don’t think it detailed the ‘how’. I’ll be swinging by their shop in Carrollton to ask questions after I get the lights in.
Their harness is like $100 or $120 so yes you're spending $570 vs the cost of oem now. Ed made good lights on my mk6 tho so they might be good but haven't seen them

Mootang

Comeplegely agree. I’m looking to retrofit these to a North American mk7.5 and all of the info here is related to the mk7. Of the 159 pages I might find a few pieces of info, but definitely not a full write up. I can’t even figure out where to find a harness as it’s different for the mk7.5, and JBale doesn’t seem to be answering PMs.

I have the 7.5 euro taillights installed on my 7.5 GTI. I haven't installed the harness or do coding yet but that will come in about a week. Big thanks to ZERO815 for making me the harness and including very thorough coding instructions .

Compared to the NAR MK7 the NAR MK7.5 comes already with more pre-wired light channels. That makes a retrofit a little bit easier. Generally there are at least 4 ways to do it. In any case you need to change the coding.
1. DIY: Modify existing connector housings, re-pin several wires and add wires between Outer and Inner lights. Add further wires between Inner-Left and Inner-Right to get fog lights running. Tools: Pin Removal and Crimp.
2. Adapter harness with Pin work: Most of the known MK7 harnesses require running wires between Outer and Inner lights, Inner-Left and Inner-Right, and plugging Pins into connector housings. In case of uninstall or misplaced pin you need a Pin Removal tool.
3. Plug and Code harness: Everything is pre-pinned. Customer needs to run pigtails from Outer to Inner and Inner to Inner and plug only connectors. Easiest install and uninstall for sale.
4. OEM+: Add and run several wires between BCM and lights through the vehicle.

Soooooo, from my understanding so far for a person with a Mk7.5 GTI and wants the Euro version of the LED taillights, we need the following:

1. EU Mk7.5 Facelifted Dynamic LED Tail Lights (no adaptors, I am assuming?)
2. Coding unit (OBDeleven or VCDS)
3. Some kind of harness/pigtails/wiring thingamajig??

First two items seems easy and straightforward to obtain/purchase. The last item, harnesses, are still confusing (at least to me). So, if Iwant to take the easy route, such as, "Plug and Code harness: Everything is pre-pinned. Customer needs to run pigtails from Outer to Inner and Inner to Inner and plug only connectors. Easiest install and uninstall for sale." Do I just contact/PM @ZERO815 for this and purchase it from him? Thanks!

Zillerr

Soooooo, from my understanding so far for a person with a Mk7.5 GTI and wants the Euro version of the LED taillights, we need the following:

1. EU Mk7.5 Facelifted Dynamic LED Tail Lights (no adaptors, I am assuming?)

2. Coding unit (OBDeleven or VCDS)

3. Some kind of harness/pigtails/wiring thingamajig??

First two items seems easy and straightforward to obtain/purchase. The last item, harnesses, are still confusing (at least to me). So, if Iwant to take the easy route, such as, "Plug and Code harness: Everything is pre-pinned. Customer needs to run pigtails from Outer to Inner and Inner to Inner and plug only connectors. Easiest install and uninstall for sale." Do I just contact/PM @ZERO815 for this and purchase it from him? Thanks!

Ditto! I have a 2018/MK7.5 NA Golf R and desperately want the sequential Euro MK7.5 tails.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

hmerabaksh

Earlier this week, I installed the Mk 7.5 LED tails, the lights seem to work find, but I have some coding issues:

• 1 Error in VCDS: Bulb for Right Brake Lamp / Turn Signal - B1334 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
  • 1 Errors on the dash: Check right brake light/turn signal
Can anyone help me out? I'm not sure what I did wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Removed: Check right brake light/tail light, it was from when I was testing things.

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
What is the „Lasttyp“ you use for Leuchte21?