GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Don't really need an intake at all... Ever. They're more for looks and sounds on these cars. Decent are filter wouldn't hurt though.

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Ok yeah I was thinking about not buying one this time around. Maybe I should have asked this first, what does the 1.5 mean?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I would still get a high-flow reusable filter at least. Intakes help very little on our cars, but they do help some. The benefits just come from a better filter and opening up the air box a bit. This kit here, is literally all you need if you're trying to get absolutely everything out of an intake:

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volk...utotech-Composite-MK7-2.0T-Intake-System.html

And it's like the cheapest one. This will give you the same performance gains as the rest of them. lol. If you don't care then don't even worry about it, they're not necessary.

nuSchule

Ready to race!
*UPDATE*

- Geezus, Chris got back to me really quickly (literally as I was typing the post below).
- He thinks it's probably just the battery... at least this gives me an excuse to get a new tender!

I'm going to leave the post as-is below in case anyone else has a similar experience.

So, it's been an interesting weekend. I flashed the Maestro IS38 adjustable file about two months ago, setting sliders to 25/93. Yesterday morning, I adjusted to 26/93 and went for a drive. Almost immediately, EPC and CEL. Ran diagnostics to see P0030 and P00AF.

After some digging through this thread (and one or two others) it looked as though the first logical step was to flash back to stock, then re-flash the IS38 file. That's where things got out of hand (bulleted for convenience):

- I flashed back to the stock PP Tune this morning.
- I then began flashing the IS38 adjustable file.

- For some reason, the program locked up about halfway through flashing Block 10. I let it run for approximately 15 minutes and no progress was being made. I switched off the ignition and had to perform a hard restart on my laptop (no response from inputs, strong wifi connection, no other programs running).

- I hooked everything back up: the Eurodyne display said the last file to flash was the PP Stock Tune.

- I reflashed the IS38 Adjustable file which completed successfully.

- When I attempted to start the car, all dash lights lit up and the headlights flashed once, very quickly, but the car does not start.

- I flashed back to the PP Stock Tune successfully.

- I received a message on the infotainment screen saying the battery is dying.

I sent the above series of events to ED and am waiting for a response but wanted to post here to see if anyone has had a similar experience or can offer any next steps. The low battery message did not come on until after I did the final flash back to PP Stock Tune. My thoughts are: Best case scenario, dead battery; Worst case scenario, bricked ECU. :confused:

Cheers in advance!

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Were you on a charger for all those flashes? If not, you need to be. As far as I understand it the ECU can still be flashed once you are charged up, you won't need anything from ED.

Buy or rent a 12amp or higher battery charger and always have it hooked up while flashing.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
My gti is flashed with eurodyne. I just got a golf r and my wife is going to daily the gti. I wanted to flash the R when the tune is released. I know I'll have to buy the credits for the R tune but will I be able to use the same cable for both cars?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Cable is tied to VIN for flashing. The only thing you can do on another car is log.

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Cable is tied to VIN for flashing. The only thing you can do on another car is log.

Not true. The powertap cable can be used on multiple cars, Eurodyne’s database keeps track of the vin’s.

COBB AccessPort ties to the vin and can only be used on one car at a time.

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
You will have to buy 8 credits to do the initial flash plus another 3 if you want to use Maestro

nuSchule

Ready to race!
Were you on a charger for all those flashes? If not, you need to be. As far as I understand it the ECU can still be flashed once you are charged up, you won't need anything from ED.

Buy or rent a 12amp or higher battery charger and always have it hooked up while flashing.

Why you no tender?

Lesson learned. I've flashed at least half a dozen times without a charger and without issue... won't be doing that again. Until I can pick one up, I borrowed one from a neighbor and was able to get the car started and re-re-re-flashed to the IS38 Adjustable file.

First 20 mins of drive went well... until the all-too-familiar orange glow of the EPC and CE lights. Will run diagnostics again today or tomorrow and send a log to ED.

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Sorry to ask again but does anyone know exactly what stage 1.5 means? There was only 1 or 2 on the mk6, no half stages. I thought it indicated some sort of hardware requirement.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Sorry to ask again but does anyone know exactly what stage 1.5 means? There was only 1 or 2 on the mk6, no half stages. I thought it indicated some sort of hardware requirement.
1.5 usually just means 93 octane fuel, where stage 1 is for 91 octane.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I'm 91 st 2 ht, been running 3.5 gallons of E85 with 91.. Could I run the 93 ht? Would it make much of a difference? (Kinda playing the ots files till I decide on another Turbo)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk