GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
What does the built in boost gauge go up to? Pretty sure if tuned it would read boost accurately still. Stock I've seen tap out at 21psi on really hot days on stock cars. On the gauge it would be 21+~15=36. If it reads up close to 40 or over at any point it is tuned.

Wait... My internal boost gauge goes up to 36 - 38 when I WOT. That means I'm tuned (bought used, I'm the 2nd owner)? There's no way may car is tuned because it has the top speed governor still and made 240whp.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Wait... My internal boost gauge goes up to 36 - 38 when I WOT. That means I'm tuned (bought used, I'm the 2nd owner)? There's no way may car is tuned because it has the top speed governor still and made 240whp.

It reads boost + atmospheric. 14.7 roughly. So if it's hitting 38 then you are boosting 23 psi. Never seen a GTI hit 23 psi stock. I've seen some hit 21 for a split second at 100+IAT. Maybe that thing isn't very accurate?

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/log-1502840894?log=0&data=1-2-6-15

Mid 90s ambient.

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have a way to log?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't. But I did just email APR and sent my VIN#. They seem to be the most common tune.

Also, I'm not totally stock. I did open up the breathing on the car. Intake and cat-back. Each dyno'd to help at top end.

Last edited:

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I don't. But I did just email APR and sent my VIN#. They seem to be the most common tune.

Also, I'm not totally stock. I did open up the breathing on the car. Intake and cat-back. Each dyno'd to help at top end.

Look at the list.

If you want to go fast, ED Maestro or Cobb. :D

Mk7munkie

Passed Driver's Ed

Catless downpipe? Also look for a jb4 hooked up if you haven’t, sounds like map 2 to me. Running about the same trap as my golf and my buddies gti with jb4 map 6 beats me all day(just barely but he still wins) but map 2 it’s pretty much even

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, no stock GTI is trapping 103 on ACN91.

Diggs24, I want to thank you for your skepticism!
My dyno shop had an open slot this morning, so I finally got it done.

It's funny that when I first started asking on the forums if my car was tuned, most people said "no". But I was like... "it has no traction in 2nd".

286HP and 336lb/ft of torque at the wheels (91 oct). IT'S TUNED.
That makes soooooo much more sense.
And now my run is only a so-so Stg1 run :D
I'll have to go back to the track and actually try this time.

And I got an email back from APR confirming that my VIN has a tune tied to it.

Sorry wy2sl0, you're going to have to update the specs on my run.

Side-note: If I'm in PARK and I rev the motor, it won't rev past 4K RPM. Is that normal for a tuned car?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
badass dude. will update this weekend.

B00STED1

Ready to race!
Diggs24, I want to thank you for your skepticism!
My dyno shop had an open slot this morning, so I finally got it done.

It's funny that when I first started asking on the forums if my car was tuned, most people said "no". But I was like... "it has no traction in 2nd".

286HP and 336lb/ft of torque at the wheels (91 oct). IT'S TUNED.
That makes soooooo much more sense.
And now my run is only a so-so Stg1 run :D
I'll have to go back to the track and actually try this time.

And I got an email back from APR confirming that my VIN has a tune tied to it.

Sorry wy2sl0, you're going to have to update the specs on my run.

Side-note: If I'm in PARK and I rev the motor, it won't rev past 4K RPM. Is that normal for a tuned car?

Very good stuff! Thanks for the update. I was going to be really mad at myself if a stock setup GTI ran the same time I did lmao