GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Let's see some logs.
OK I'll send some if I have little time. Here the problem again is that I can not count on trims going up till 45. If it does everything is fine. Then I can go little further. But mostly trims is stuck at 36 and then it leans out. I have to find a way how not to go lean with trims not higher than 36... I think only bigger injectors is the way.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
OK I'll send some if I have little time. Here the problem again is that I can not count on trims going up till 45. If it does everything is fine. Then I can go little further. But mostly trims is stuck at 36 and then it leans out. I have to find a way how not to go lean with trims not higher than 36... I think only bigger injectors is the way.

That's interesting that sometimes it biases the fuel pump and others it does not.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Anybody know what fault code 3BEF means?
Otherwise I have to plug in my vcds tomorrow.

P0299 Boost pressure regulation not reached. Sounds like request is too high for available boost. Also happens when there is traction control intervention if you heavy on the gas with it fully on.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
P0299 Boost pressure regulation not reached. Sounds like request is too high for available boost. Also happens when there is traction control intervention if you heavy on the gas with it fully on.
Thanks George. I had to overtake someone... :)

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Dumb question. but is your afr/fuel bias set to 100 at all the rpms?

Hey Diggs, I can see they are set at 100 from looking at the log file.

Tip for those that don't know...from the datazap website when viewing the log, go to the bottom right (below the graph) and download the CSV file. Then, open the CSV in Excel, Google Sheets etc. and you can see the JB4 settings the log was run against in the first two rows of the log file.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Tip for those that don't know...from the datazap website when viewing the log, go to the bottom right (below the graph) and download the CSV file. Then, open the CSV in Excel, Google Sheets etc. and you can see the JB4 settings the log was run against in the first two rows of the log file.

TIL. Thanks!

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed

Yes that is correct. So if someone has a solution for flatline trims...
Nevertheless I ordered GTI injectors for trials.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

See if you can return them. The Golf R shouldn't be that much more. I got mine for $270 shipped from a german ebay seller.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion

I still had the log window open when I turned on my PC this morning and I noticed (in your CSV log header) that your FOL set at 90. Was this done on purpose or by recommendation by someone? Typically FOL is set between 50-70 for GTI's and Golfs's here in North America, but it does depend on other mods/settings etc. For a typical JB4 setup, Golf 1.8's are usually set on the higher end (60-70) and GTI's on the lower end (50-60). If it is set too high, the higher fuel pressure the JB4 requests can cause the fuel pump(s) to not keep up with demand.

I think your best bet is to work with George @BMS to help troubleshoot this particular 1.8t variant used in your Skoda. Many ROW 1.8t variants are different from the North American 1.8t Golf and will behave differently when tuning with the JB4. For example, many ROW 1.8t's have variable exhaust valve timing while the North American 1.8t does not.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I still had the log window open when I turned on my PC this morning and I noticed (in your CSV log header) that your FOL set at 90. Was this done on purpose or by recommendation by someone? Typically FOL is set between 50-70 for GTI's and Golfs's here in North America, but it does depend on other mods/settings etc. For a typical JB4 setup, Golf 1.8's are usually set on the higher end (60-70) and GTI's on the lower end (50-60). If it is set too high, the higher fuel pressure the JB4 requests can cause the fuel pump(s) to not keep up with demand.

I think your best bet is to work with George @BMS to help troubleshoot this particular 1.8t variant used in your Skoda. Many ROW 1.8t variants are different from the North American 1.8t Golf and will behave differently when tuning with the JB4. For example, many ROW 1.8t's have variable exhaust valve timing while the North American 1.8t does not.

Yup. When I went fol70 trims dropped from upper 40s to mid 30s. 3AD2 code ensued. Are you having the jb4 autoclear codes steenbeck? Id turn FOL down and dial back boost a bit. I dont think 90 is attainable by any car.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup. When I went fol70 trims dropped from upper 40s to mid 30s. 3AD2 code ensued. Are you having the jb4 autoclear codes steenbeck? Id turn FOL down and dial back boost a bit. I dont think 90 is attainable by any car.
Hi
90 is just the result of always lean conditions because of this stupid trims flatline. With is12 fol50 was way too low and the 3ad2 kept coming back. So I went to 60 and that was also not working really well cause when trims was stuck I was lean. The best result was with fol 70. So trims never wanted to go higher than 35 and afr was always perfect. But now with is20 70 is of course again not enough. Otherwise there would have been no need of upgrading the turbo. Now with 90 it is acceptable lets say. I still have to taper much more as I want to. So now to lower fol again and still have enough juice I try bigger injectors.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
I recognized something that is kind of weird. Is there a possibility that higher trims does not automatically mean that there is more fuel?
In the last log I posted I had fol set to 90 and the afr was close to 15 with trims of 36. Now I did a log with same conditions fol 80 and the afr was 13.3 with trims of 30. Does this make sense?