GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
I don’t follow, but enjoyed the heck out of the Amazon F1/McClaren series. I knew it was going to be a good show when my wife closed her laptop and watched it with me.

So...is McClaren competitive this year after firing Honda?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Ferrari is clearly a step ahead of Mercedes this weekend, and LH's five grid spot penalty isn't helping, but should make for an exciting race.

To previous poster, McClaren is improved for sure. Both cars in the points at Australia (5th and 9th). Did not qualify well at Bahrain though (13th and 14th).

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Exciting race in Bahrain. Vettel holds on for the win with Bottas in DRS range. Over 40 laps on softs for Vettel. Hamilton from 9th to 3rd.

Kimi retires after running over a pit crewman on an improper release. Left rear wheel was never able to come off, but they gave him the go sign. Bad miscommunication. Granted, three seconds isn't a lot of time to think.

And Red Bull was just a disaster. Both cars retired in the first couple of laps.

McClaren in the points with both cars again.

ruffrider519

Passed Driver's Ed
Exciting race in Bahrain. Vettel holds on for the win with Bottas in DRS range. Over 40 laps on softs for Vettel. Hamilton from 9th to 3rd.

Kimi retires after running over a pit crewman on an improper release. Left rear wheel was never able to come off, but they gave him the go sign. Bad miscommunication. Granted, three seconds isn't a lot of time to think.

And Red Bull was just a disaster. Both cars retired in the first couple of laps.

McClaren in the points with both cars again.
Definitely exciting - I was pretty happy seeing vettel win being a ferrari fan but even more to see torro rosso's gasley get 4th friggen place! Even Ericsson did well and he always got shit from everyone (including me) about being a sub par driver. It's just sad to see Williams condition and their slow driver lineup.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I was happy to see KMag's 5th place finish.
I know he does;t have the greatest reputation but I like the guy hah.

Of course I was happy to see Vettel hold on to his 1st place spot. I got a little nervous but I didn't think Bottas would be able to pull it off. If it was Hamilton though...that would be another story.

Also...not a single commercial break...so that was awesome!

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
It's good to see some real competition. Seb drove a great race, man keeping those tires under him for so many laps. Bottas should have passed him, but gave up. Hamilton would have stuck his car in there & gone for it. Third place was pretty good considering he started 10th. Gasly in 4th with a Honda engine!

Here's hoping China will be a good race.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
It’ll be nice to see what Hamilton can do without a gimme pit stop to Vettel under VSC (Australia) and a five grid spot penalty (Bahrain). Will Vettel continue winning with a level playing field? Maybe we’ll see in China next week.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
It’ll be nice to see what Hamilton can do without a gimme pit stop to Vettel under VSC (Australia) and a five grid spot penalty (Bahrain). Will Vettel continue winning with a level playing field? Maybe we’ll see in China next week.

This ^. Hamilton has yet to run a full race, qualifying to race finish, with an error free or non-penalized car. And I think Ferrari also has to make sure they can put up a season long fight. Last year they came on strong in the first part of the season and then fell off at the end.

I am loving how competitive the field appears to be this year. I was also relieved to see that the lack of overtaking in Australia was mostly due to the track and not the cars.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I am loving how competitive the field appears to be this year. I was also relieved to see that the lack of overtaking in Australia was mostly due to the track and not the cars.

No doubt. That triple overtake by 44 on Sunday was wicked.