GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's Pure White GTI Sport - "The Comeback" Build

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Installed my Integrated Engineering CAI intake with high-flow velocity stack today! Sounds so good!

Now I just need to get rid of that ugly blue washer fluid cap :rolleyes:

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Got my car tinted today! For anyone wondering, I got 20% Suntek Pro all around. They also tinted the little small windows upfront, which was a priority of mine when looking to get my car tinted. My car will now be protected from the crazy Florida summer heat.

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Ordered some goodies this week. Can't wait for them to get here! :D

SCALE Suspension Coilovers
Strut Spreader
OEM Euro Lower Engine Cover
OEM Roof Rack
Oil Change Kit from ECS
Twists Air Scoop/Eventuri Piece in Red

Oh, I also tried to do the DIY sun visors "sticker" removal but failed! It left a huge imprint on the visors... But my buddies that own an upholstery shop know a guy who can dye them, so they will look brand new once I get them back with no stupid airbag "sticker"!

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
My buddies own an upholstery shop so they helped me fix the stupid airbag stickers on my sun visors. I tried the "DIY Removal" with alcohol and all it did was leave a huge ass white stain so they dyed the visors black for me and looks better than new!

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Painted and installed Twists “Eventuri Mod” plate yesterday. Holy shit the grille was so fuckin hard to cut! The hole I made isn’t perfect, but I did sand the edges so it would look nicer haha

The theory behind this is since when the hood is closed there is restrictions of airflow to the intake. This scoop allows air to go up and into the intake! Which then helps spool/power/temps/etc.

My first impression: intake surge is louder (more air coming in) and better throttle response (could be placebo).

Here are some pics

Last edited:

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
My buddies own an upholstery shop so they helped me fix the stupid airbag stickers on my sun visors. I tried the "DIY Removal" with alcohol and all it did was leave a huge ass white stain so they dyed the visors black for me and looks better than new!

So after running the rack for a week, I decided to take it off and sell it. It’s so damn noisy on the highway and there is a ton of drag!

car looks sharp. Sorry i didn't see this sooner. yeah alcohol doesn't cut it on the mk7. Have to bump up to legit acetone. I did the same thing. Acetone took it off in seconds. Interior and exterior looks great.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
So after running the rack for a week, I decided to take it off and sell it. It’s so damn noisy on the highway and there is a ton of drag!

Getting a fairing helped a ton.
I have the OEM carrier bars and rant them with out the fairing for almost a year.
After putting it on, I did notice a difference in wind noise.
However, like you said, the MPG's suffer a bit.

I have a 25 mile commute that is 90% highway (evn though sometimes that is stop and go) and I average about 28-32mpg.
Sometimes it is a little better sometimes a little worse.