APR is20 93oct tune
JB4 stack
E30 fuel
Cts downpipe
Knn drop in filter
Forge BOV
APR turbo muffler
Nkg rs7 gapped .022
Southbend stg2 endurance wit 19lb lwfw (6lbs lighter then stock)

Log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E4kY9jQl3ax4F9JjZPHK071xB8sFfcXT

(Video of log)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19I58WMO-wFOlcvN8VrRtKwFp8Sjd4wdk

Old Race video on jb4 only (22-18psi) (LOG at end of video)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZXBAHmC-MSntxwe8CR3SnlIIyno-CSI_

Car pulls great. Alot harder with stack
Same 99% perfectly flat road.
Previous best was 6-6.1 60-100mph on jb4 only (288whp 357wtq) 22-18psi 2’ better timing curve

Now i’m seeing 5.3-5.4 60-100mph. (Still have to get dyno)

Currently installing meth because IATs go up 40’ above ambiant in one pull. Should hopefully see good results! Maybe get me down to 5.1-5.2?

Last edited:

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I have been considering doing the very thing you have. $300 for software actually designed for my turbo, and then the JB4 just for logging, ethanol, and maybe some methanol in the future. It seems you are getting very good results doing that very thing!

I'm curious what your 60-100 is with the JB4 in map 4 with 93. Is it slower or faster than when you were JB4 only with e30...

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
I have been considering doing the very thing you have. $300 for software actually designed for my turbo, and then the JB4 just for logging, ethanol, and maybe some methanol in the future. It seems you are getting very good results doing that very thing!

I'm curious what your 60-100 is with the JB4 in map 4 with 93. Is it slower or faster than when you were JB4 only with e30...

For me going from jb4 only it was well worth it, afrs where I want no more 51trims issues, speedlimiter, and tq limiter remove but biggest difference for me was the spool. Went from slightly lagged to instant.

93oct map 4 60-100 i’ll have to test get back to you. Butt dyno it felt quicker then jb4 e30 tbh. My map is actually pretty agressive heres log from map4 93oct. Here is log to 6500rpm https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HyRNc1sQXUtQ9X5p-OYCLiO4qv6Qledn

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
You're right about the response Ironshade. I just got a tune after being different versions of JB for a couple years.

The tune makes the car noticeably more responsive all over. It takes away all the goopey response most VWs have.That feeling where you hit the gas and the car needs to think about it for three seconds is gone. There is still lag, there is still boost threshold, but it's all more linear.

Even at stock boost the car should run this way. Should come from the factory this way. Even the 1.4 Chevy Cruze turbo doesn't have that weird VW response.

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Nice, do you get any codes with the E30? What is that, like 4 gallons of E85 and the rest 93?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
E30 is just 30% eth. Doesn't matter which octane. So 13 gallon...What's 30% of that? :p

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ah but you can't put 13 gallons in unless you find a magic pump. So assume your tank can hold 12 for the purpose of ethanol ratio.

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
I don't think it's quite that simple because even 93 octane contains a small percentage of ethanol. So you have to do the math or use one of those online calculators.

E30 is just 30% eth. Doesn't matter which octane. So 13 gallon...What's 30% of that? :p

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I don't think it's quite that simple because even 93 octane contains a small percentage of ethanol. So you have to do the math or use one of those online calculators.
The pumps I use say NO eth. I've put 11 in and the gauge said 2 gallons to empty. That's just hitting the fill up now warning.