GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

OneSlowBusa

I agree that tactics like King's online advertised price and failing to give prices over the phone is garbage. In my short experience dealing with DC area VW dealers it seemed they all play the games so many of us hate in the car buying process. My experience at the dealer in person however was fairly positive and I was able to get the vehicle I wanted with little hassle. YMMV. I feel as the availability of hold out 17s continues to shrink, dealers like king will leverage the fact they have the only supply to their benefit

wantone

Ready to race!
. I feel as the availability of hold out 17s continues to shrink, dealers like king will leverage the fact they have the only supply to their benefit

If a dealer still has a lot of 2017's left then they're probably not a good dealer. I'm realizing this from Honda dealers as well. A very few Honda dealers have 6 or 7 2017 Si models left on the lot. Their reputation is terrible after doing some research. I guess they will sell them at some point. But having so many 2017's left, it shows me they aren't competitive at all. And probably best to stay away. There's a reason they haven't sold older models sitting on the lots for months on end.

I see zero leverage for a dealer holding onto a 2017 VW GTI when the newer model is more appealing for several reasons.

wantone

Ready to race!
The leverage is the VW backed incentives to the dealership, not available on 18s...

It's $4000 VW incentive to dealers for 2017 GTI's. (Thanks Shane-Anigans!!) We're already starting to see large 2018 dealer discounts depending on where you live. $500 from VWOA to dealers for 2018's so not too much yet. At some point this $4000 from VWOA to dealers for 2017's will go away. Absolutely insane to have a lot of 2017's sitting on the lots at this point.

OneSlowBusa

It's $4000 VW incentive to dealers for 2017 GTI's. (Thanks Shane-Anigans!!) We're already starting to see large 2018 dealer discounts depending on where you live. $500 from VWOA to dealers for 2018's so not too much yet. At some point this $4000 from VWOA to dealers for 2017's will go away. Absolutely insane to have a lot of 2017's sitting on the lots at this point.

Maybe I should have clarified to more "in demand" models such as the sport. According to autotrader there remains 149 new 2017 Gti within 200 miles of me in SW VA. Good luck in your search. I hope it doesn't come off like I'm backing King as some.great dealer, they just happened to have the trim I wanted at a fair price.

Runnerguy45

Passed Driver's Ed
I turned in my 2011 Sportwagon TDI this morning after 300,000 miles since 3-11-12.
My list of dealers include Alexandria VW, Pohanaka and West Broad in Richmond. I told each I want offer in writing, don't care about color and I want DSG, no financing. It's been 15 minutes and still no calls or emails. I bought my previous two VWs this way. This should be fun !

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
My list of dealers include Alexandria VW, Pohanaka and West Broad in Richmond. I told each I want offer in writing, don't care about color and I want DSG, no financing. It's been 15 minutes and still no calls or emails. I bought my previous two VWs this way. This should be fun !

You can expand your search. Several other dealers in that area are pretty good.

wantone

Ready to race!
I turned in my 2011 Sportwagon TDI this morning after 300,000 miles since 3-11-12.

Which trim are you looking for? It's usually easier for you to find what you want online and then contact them through their website or email them with specific stock numbers. Also, you're missing two highly rated dealers: Stohlman and Lindsey.
https://www.stohlman-vw.com/new-vehicles/
https://www.lindsayvolkswagen.com/new-vehicles/

Runnerguy45

Passed Driver's Ed
Which trim are you looking for? It's usually easier for you to find what you want online and then contact them through their website or email them with specific stock numbers. Also, you're missing two highly rated dealers: Stohlman and Lindsey.
https://www.stohlman-vw.com/new-vehicles/
https://www.lindsayvolkswagen.com/new-vehicles/

I've contacted all online through their websites. They don't seem to like guys who don't finance. Thanks for these two dealers !

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I've contacted all online through their websites. They don't seem to like guys who don't finance. Thanks for these two dealers !

Most dealer prices listed online in that area is with VW / dealer financing. I did not opt their finance and they added $1000 to the final price.

Runnerguy45

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got a standing offer of $23,995 for a 17 with no financing. S model DSG.
Two dealers suddenly sold the ones they had in stock after I said no financing. Coincidence ?

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Most dealer prices listed online in that area is with VW / dealer financing. I did not opt their finance and they added $1000 to the final price.
Why not finance and then pay it off immediately?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I've got a standing offer of $23,995 for a 17 with no financing. S model DSG.
Two dealers suddenly sold the ones they had in stock after I said no financing. Coincidence ?

At this point, only dealers can reply your questions. VW might offer them additional incentives for the 2017s with financing.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Why not finance and then pay it off immediately?

VW wanted more time to process my application. At that point i had sold my previous vehicle and driving a rental. So the uncertainty and time was not worth it as i had a pre-approved loan from my CU.