GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 vs. HPA dogbone mount- performance improvement vs Vibration

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I installed my Spulen mount today and man, it was nothing like the video install. It seemed like one corner on the back end would just not slide in as described. But, it is in, torqued and seems to be good to go. Some vibration and noise but instantly felt tighter and smoother shifts. I'd say it was $40 well spent but I can't help but feel unsettled with the lack of ease of install. Any one else have insight or experience with this?

I used silicone spray on my mk6 and it slid right in.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
The Spulen is an easy install. Might have just gotten stuck on the dogbone itself as you were sliding it through the mount. As long as you lubed it you should be just fine.

I used silicone spray on my mk6 and it slid right in.

I lubed it up really well. I got it in eventually but it was nothing like how they show in the video. Usually the case, but I'm friggin sore still!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Frank Reynolds, that quote, phrasing. Perfect.

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
Not sure how come so many have experienced failure with the 034 insert. On my stg 2 R, I haven't had any issues, worked so well I decided to go with their rear subframe inserts as well.

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
Got HPA for mk7 with torque arm. Does the job great, vibrations are slightly noticeable when idile, 0 in reverse. Talk to darryl he will hook you up.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
I installed my Spulen mount today and man, it was nothing like the video install. It seemed like one corner on the back end would just not slide in as described. But, it is in, torqued and seems to be good to go. Some vibration and noise but instantly felt tighter and smoother shifts. I'd say it was $40 well spent but I can't help but feel unsettled with the lack of ease of install. Any one else have insight or experience with this?

Which dog bone mount do you have? V1 or V2?

Tigsel

Ready to race!
I lubed it up really well. I got it in eventually but it was nothing like how they show in the video. Usually the case, but I'm friggin sore still!

This is great! I am sorry but this is going in to my signature :D

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Got HPA for mk7 with torque arm. Does the job great, vibrations are slightly noticeable when idile, 0 in reverse. Talk to darryl he will hook you up.

That's really good to know. I used a IE dogbone mount insert, and the vibrations were kinda insane. Even after I upgraded to 034 engine/trans mounts. Was considering the 034 dogbone insert and the euro roc DTS (arm, whatever), but if the HPA performs like you say, then I might consider it instead.

dtaxtwo

Read through this thread and other reviews and I think I'm settling for 034 Engine and Transmission mount, and pair that with HPA. I really want to try Revo's full kit, however. I'm just not sure if Poly is the way to go since I don't want to add further NVH than what I already have (FBO IS38, non-res = drone and vibrations).

What I'm also considering as a 2nd choice is ECS kit.

Anyone what to give me further input? Hoping to make the purchase on Monday. TIA

mayhem_j30

Passed Driver's Ed
Random data point with the CTS insert, motor mount and tranny mount. Did dog bone insert and tranny mount first and noticed a lot of NVH. 1000 miles later I agreed the tranny mount when my clutch was installed and suddenly all the NVH was gone. Guess the weakest stock mount caused some vibration issues. I'm very happy now with all 3 installed.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Random data point with the CTS insert, motor mount and tranny mount. Did dog bone insert and tranny mount first and noticed a lot of NVH. 1000 miles later I agreed the tranny mount when my clutch was installed and suddenly all the NVH was gone. Guess the weakest stock mount caused some vibration issues. I'm very happy now with all 3 installed.

1000 miles later you replaced the tranny mount?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I think he means he did dogbone and motor. Got vibes. 1K miles later did tranny and vibes were gone.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion

Ya this doesn't make much sense. I think this could be explained more clearly... not trying to be a d!ck.