GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
If u already has Ed tune, it is only 3 credits for maestro ($187)

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I appreciate it. So I need to buy both I see, makes sense. Thanks for the info! I'll be back soon hopefully!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Brief update on PhoenixCar (Rick&Morty?): Had been getting a few random faults and some burning oil over the last week, faults seem to point to bad PCV, and hopefully explains the oil burning, too. Though, the rings simply might not be seated 100% yet, either. VWR Catch can en route. In the meantime though, I drove the car more than I have since I've had her back, thanks to a true day off and really nice (70*F!) weather. She ran really well, no faults! I am now at about 500 miles of break in... After I change the oil I'm going to start really getting on it, and should be able to get Sam some WOT logs next week to really start fleshing out the tune. I'm both excited for that, and for going WOT for the first time since I've had the car back. :D

rafycotto

Ready to race!
I looked at your first 25/91 assuming no meth there?

You are 479 and I barely touch 400 torque and have -3 where as I had -4.5-5 at 91/25. It’s killing me to know what’s up.
Yes, no meth. Pure 91oct from Shell.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Here is 89/27 for all the boost and little timing. I think something is up still only make 23.5 psi same at 23, 25, 26 setting.

Timing looks better. Check out 5148 with the torque spike?

45 degrees ambient and still can't make over 400 torque. Wastegate was at 60 when it should be maxed out at 80? Correct me if I am wrong.

https://datazap.me/u/phsycomatt89/8927-91-octane?log=0&data=1-5-15-16-17-18-19-22&solo=23&mark=36

Don't forget that the ecu will only allow the engine to make what it needs to make in order to meet a given torque target. That includes boost. The adjustable boost setting just specifies the maximum amount of boost that can be made. It doesn't specify the boost target or the torque target. You're not going to make over 400wtq on an 89oct map. That just wouldn't be safe for the engine.

With the WGDC (wastegate duty cycle) value, the wastegate is closed more the lower the number is. 100% is wide open, 0% is completely closed. The WGDC value effectively tells you how much of the turbo's capability that you're using. 0% WGDC means that the turbo is making all that it can, while 100% means that it is making as little as it can.

Let me ask you a few questions. What altitude are you logging at? What grades of fuel do you have access to? How smooth is the road that you're logging on?

Last edited:

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Elevation is 2389 I have access to ACN91. E85 is around here but I really don’t want to have to rely on always finding e85 if I travel.

The road was decently smooth and that was something I thought of with ghost knock.

89 and 91 timing was similar boost was identical. Even though the slider for boost was way different.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Elevation is 2389 I have access to ACN91. E85 is around here but I really don’t want to have to rely on always finding e85 if I travel.

The road was decently smooth and that was something I thought of with ghost knock.

89 and 91 timing was similar boost was identical. Even though the slider for boost was way different.

Ok, that's good info. ACN91 is shitty fuel from what I understand. An ethanol splash-blend would help out quite a lot, and allow you to run a higher octane map and more boost. If you're travelling and only have access to 91 or 93, you can easily adjust for that. Keep the power-tap in the glovebox and a laptop or tablet with charger in your bag or somewhere in the car.

It doesn't matter that the boost value was set higher on the 89 log. The ECU is only going to make enough boost to reach a given torque target. The torque target is going to be different on a low octane map versus a high octane map. I'd consider 91 to be a low octane map, when we have 97 as a high octane map. Especially considering the lower quality fuel being used.

It doesn't matter that you are setting the max boost as 27, because it only needs 23.5 to meet the criteria. The boost setting is defined as the maximum allowed, not as a target to reach.

The last log you posted only has a couple of small timing corrections, but nothing out of the ordinary. It looks very clean.

Set the octane setting to 91 and take a log in similar weather and in the same place if possible. Or if you have one, post it up.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
That’s great info, thanks. I asked a master tech friend who is mod friendly and he says VW didn’t design our cars for ethanol use. I’ll have this car for awhile so I really don’t want to go through fuel components anytime soon. I know a lot of people have used it for years but I’m torn. Here’s one I took previous at 27/91.

I’ve been told Maestro can clean a lot of this up. I made a lot of power on other cars with our gas so I have to say it’s possible to make plenty on 91

https://datazap.me/u/phsycomatt89/is38-26-psi-91oct?log=0&data=1&zoom=0-53

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
That’s great info, thanks. I asked a master tech friend who is mod friendly and he says VW didn’t design our cars for ethanol use. I’ll have this car for awhile so I really don’t want to go through fuel components anytime soon. I know a lot of people have used it for years but I’m torn. Here’s one I took previous at 27/91.

https://datazap.me/u/phsycomatt89/is38-26-psi-91oct?log=0&data=1&zoom=0-53
Go water/meth it helps a lot with heat and shit gas. I have the same garbage gas as you in Yuma arizona

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk