GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I have a MK6 TOB(no spacer) with an SRE clutch (DMF Version), not sure if its the clutch or TOB but it will randomly chatter on idle when everything is warmed up.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
They’re interchangeable it’s not gonna hurt anything

Every TOB I’ve ever seen has been metal, it’s a bearing only in most applications. Our cars just so happen to have it attached to the slave cylinder as one unit

tissue

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a MK6 TOB(no spacer) with an SRE clutch (DMF Version), not sure if its the clutch or TOB but it will randomly chatter on idle when everything is warmed up.
Thats interesting, i thought the DMF version would not chatter. Maybe its the bearing chattering against pressure plate fingers. Who knows

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
It's the gearbox that rattles. There was a much more detailed explanation in the big clutch thread. But it's not the clutch, bearing or flywheel that rattles.

tissue

Passed Driver's Ed
It's the gearbox that rattles. There was a much more detailed explanation in the big clutch thread. But it's not the clutch, bearing or flywheel that rattles.

i know exactly what you mean, the pulses from the engine make the gear teeth inside transmission slap againts each other. But i thought the DMF dampens these pulses.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
They’re interchangeable it’s not gonna hurt anything

Every TOB I’ve ever seen has been metal, it’s a bearing only in most applications. Our cars just so happen to have it attached to the slave cylinder as one unit

I compared it to the OEM one that I pulled out and it was identical. I'd rather pay $30 for the TOB, not $100.

Thats interesting, i thought the DMF version would not chatter. Maybe its the bearing chattering against pressure plate fingers. Who knows

Possible. I have 13k miles on this setup and its done it since the day I put it in.

From what I understand, VW gearboxes aren't quiet....scratch that, VW's aren't quiet.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got my tracking number, should have it Thursday!

My days off changed for the winter so I work Friday nights now, we’ll see if I get it early enough Thursday to knock it out

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Got my tracking number, should have it Thursday!

My days off changed for the winter so I work Friday nights now, we’ll see if I get it early enough Thursday to knock it out
Sweet. Let me know how you like it. I love mine. I have about 150 miles left to go till I can lean on it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Don’t want SBC fanboys claiming it’s not my pics ��

There’s a bunch of people waiting on my car to help decide on their clutch

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
God Jake your handwriting is as bad as mine.

I'm interested in updates at the 10k and 20k mark for the clutch.