GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's Pure White GTI Sport - "The Comeback" Build

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear.
Glad you are ok.

Time to mod!

Glad you are okay. Time for Golf R bumper mod!!

Thanks, guys!

So there is more damage than I thought.

need to also replace: radiator support, seat belt assembly, bumper bar, a/c condenser, few other plastic pieces.

Adjustor said they ordered the remaining parts today and should get them tomorrow and my car should be ready by Tuesday next week if all goes well :(

OVERALL DAMAGE:
Hood latch broken
Grill pushed in
One headlight seems to be popping out of place
Airbag & airbag sensors
Radiator support
Seat belt assembly
Bumper bar
A/c condenser
Few other plastic pieces

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
CAR UPDATE: Finally got it back. Feels good to be driving her again! But I did notice that they installed the wrong grille on there a couple of days after I got the car back... Bunch of shmucks. Going to order the correct grille because I don't feel like dealing with the body shop/insurance. I did, however, call GEICO and put in a formal complaint against the body shop for their poor attention to detail. Not only did they put the wrong grille on there, they forgot to put on the red GTI badge on the grille. They also forgot to put bulbs in my headlights!

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Haven’t posted in a while!!! Geez. Haha anyways I got a few goodies for Xmas.

BFI leather shift knob

Blue tinted aspherical blind spot mirrors

I also ordered USP Motorsports SPULEN street series dogbone mount. Just need to find the time to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Glad you're back in business with your GTI!

How do you like the BFI knob? Got one for Xmas, too, and looking forward to getting it installed. I ordered one of their shift boots though so I'm waiting for that to arrive. How's the lowered height?

You should post a review of the Spulen dogbone once you get it in. I have the 034 insert which was great at first but lately my 1st gear takeoffs have been kinda rough in cold weather and I think it's because the insert is causing vibrations. Looking for something more to help stiffen it up again.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Haven’t posted in a while!!! Geez. Haha anyways I got a few goodies for Xmas.

BFI leather shift knob

I also ordered USP Motorsports SPULEN street series dogbone mount. Just need to find the time to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blue tints are nice.
Takes a little while getting used to them.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Glad you're back in business with your GTI!

How do you like the BFI knob? Got one for Xmas, too, and looking forward to getting it installed. I ordered one of their shift boots though so I'm waiting for that to arrive. How's the lowered height?

You should post a review of the Spulen dogbone once you get it in. I have the 034 insert which was great at first but lately my 1st gear takeoffs have been kinda rough in cold weather and I think it's because the insert is causing vibrations. Looking for something more to help stiffen it up again.

Love the knob! Shift are way smoother. I had the SPULEN dogbone mount in my a3. Prob one of the only reason I bought it again and didn't shop around for options. It doesn't vibrate that much!

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully, my fiance and brother will tag team and get my LED Tailights for my bday coming up... Jan 20th.

But we are saving up and spending money on our wedding thats in 1 month! So fingers crossed! haha :p

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Ordered a set of OEM China Cherry Red LED Taillights and harness from ShopDAP this weekend.

My buddy has a set of the OEM China tails on his car and I love the color of them! Not too red, not too dark.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to get some more “noise” out of my car. I have been debating whether to do a muffler delete or res delete for a while now.

So this weekend I bit the bullet and did a muffler delete! I freaking love the way it sounds! I also got 4” tips added if anyone was wondering.

https://youtu.be/C21s-4n1lTA

Last edited:

Jarbear

Ready to race!

Ya man, my brain is freaking out trying to get used to the tint. The field of vision is what is driving me the craziest... in a good way haha. I'm sure I'll get used to it tho.

I had a set of OE aspherical mirrors for about a week. My brain was freaking out as well, but not in a good way. Messed with my perception to the point where I was second guessing myself.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Finally installed my LED tails. They look so good! Should’ve done this mod sooner!

Still need to install the harness. Will most likely do it this weekend when I have more free time to do it patiently and carefully.

Last edited: