GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Did DKM send new flywheel bolts too or only pressure plate bolts?

If I do order this thing I wanna make sure I have everything in one order.
They send everything you need. New flywheel bolts and pp bolds, some locktite and stuff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ok cool, thanks man
I'll get you the bolt size if I can get off work at a decent time today

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I'm very curious to hear if anyone has gotten a chance to test the DKM and South Bend Stage 3 clutches back to back. I'm specifically wondering how they compare to one another as far as peddle effort goes?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm very curious to hear if anyone has gotten a chance to test the DKM and South Bend Stage 3 clutches back to back. I'm specifically wondering how they compare to one another as far as peddle effort goes?

There's a guy in this thread who did exactly that. DKM was a great improvement as expected!

EDIT: NVM, it was BFI stage 3

I placed the order for mine tonight! It's estimated ship date is the 10th which is pretty far out, so hopefully it'll come sooner

Either way I can wait!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
There's a guy in this thread who did exactly that. DKM was a great improvement as expected!

I placed the order for mine tonight! It's estimated ship date is the 10th which is pretty far out, so hopefully it'll come sooner

Either way I can wait!
Your gonna love it. Mine is getting much much better. I'm at 260 of the 700 break in miles. Bench bleed that slave assembly before you put the tranny back in to make sure there are no leaks lol.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I would bet money the dkm peddle feels much better than the SB just because of the twin. It takes less force to produce more bite because of the greater surface area with the twin disc/pp

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Your gonna love it. Mine is getting much much better. I'm at 260 of the 700 break in miles. Bench bleed that slave assembly before you put the tranny back in to make sure there are no leaks lol.

Yes! lol I'll definitely be doing that

I would bet money the dkm peddle feels much better than the SB just because of the twin. It takes less force to produce more bite because of the greater surface area with the twin disc/pp

Just the $500-900 savings alone makes it feel better than SBC, not to mention the more Oem feel and better performance

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE

Either way I can wait!

Mine is shipping the 9th ^__^

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I just ordered mine from Urotuning...no I have to find someone to install it!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I just ordered mine from Urotuning...no I have to find someone to install it!
Do it yourself, it's not a hard job if you have basic knowledge and tools

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Do it yourself, it's not a hard job if you have basic knowledge and tools

I've thought about it and I've done everything else on my R with the spring install being the most extensive work. I rent a garage though and it's a ways from my apartment. I think if I owned a home with a garage it would be a different story.

Maybe I'll revisit those Youtube video installs again...

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Do you by chance know the size, length and pitch if the hardware? I'm guessing M6 or M8 but it would be nice to grab some ahead of time
The length of the pp bolts we're 3/4 or about 19mm