GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
I've hit almost 200 miles of the 750 dkm recommends for the break in period and I have a shudder taking off in first gear and in reverse but reverse is worse. I ordered new bfi stage 2 engine and transmission mounts to see if that helps. A little bit of chatter if it gets lugged down then goes away.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Let us know how the mounts pair, I'm curious how much vibration there"ll be with a clutch setup close to stock weight.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Twin disk will always chatter and vibrate more than stock, especially since our stock clutch is DMF.

The spring hubs on the disk plus the steel plate between the two disks are the root cause, but knowing that it's normal you won't even notice it after a while.

Obviously the stage 2 mounts will amplify what you hear and feel but the benefits greatly outweigh that.

This clutch is currently on sale at ECS, I'm really tempted to just go for it

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Twin disk will always chatter and vibrate more than stock, especially since our stock clutch is DMF.

The spring hubs on the disk plus the steel plate between the two disks are the root cause, but knowing that it's normal you won't even notice it after a while.

Obviously the stage 2 mounts will amplify what you hear and feel but the benefits greatly outweigh that.

Go for it......Just do it

railroader

Autocross Newbie

My problem is when I had to pull the transmission back out cause of the faulty slave assembly I don't know if any fluid got on any of the discs and contaminated them which will cause it to shudder more. I have another clutch pack and pressure plate that's new that they sent me just in case. I'm going to let this one go and see if it gets better over time which I think it should unless it's contaminated.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I would have just put the new stuff on , hopefully that doesn't hurt you in the long run but thanks for updating us w/your reviews, this will definitely be the clutch I spring for when the time comes, hopefully sometime in 2018..

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I would have just put the new stuff on , hopefully that doesn't hurt you in the long run but thanks for updating us w/your reviews, this will definitely be the clutch I spring for when the time comes, hopefully sometime in 2018..
I didn't put the new stuff on cause I still highly doubt the fluid contaminated the discs. The leak wasn't squirting or spaying it was just a steady drip and it was the backside of the slave assembly and ran down the transmission. Even if it did I'm still going to run it till it start to slip or comes apart. Again I only have 157 miles on it so a lot of braking in to do till the 700 mile mark. Another thing is I have never driven a twin disc so I still have some getting used to and drive style adjustments to make.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
From the previous reviews I've seen on the DKM twin disc everyone has studder until the clutch is fully broken in after 1k to 1500 miles.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
How did the t25 hardware work out the second time around? If it's an issue I might get replacement hardware when I order mine. The sales till the 28th so I have a few days left to kick it around

railroader

Autocross Newbie
How did the t25 hardware work out the second time around? If it's an issue I might get replacement hardware when I order mine. The sales till the 28th so I have a few days left to kick it around
It stayed in. I didn't replace the discs or pp cause I don't think they got contaminated. I did however buy new hardware to replace those for the other clutch kit just in case. I got same Style bolts but these are Allen's and a stronger grade steal. I would buy better hardware just to avoid that issue with the t25

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Do you by chance know the size, length and pitch if the hardware? I'm guessing M6 or M8 but it would be nice to grab some ahead of time

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Do you by chance know the size, length and pitch if the hardware? I'm guessing M6 or M8 but it would be nice to grab some ahead of time
I believe it's m5x1.0 but I'll double check later when I get home

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Ok clutch is in and only drove it 10 miles and so far it feels nice. Engagement is lower than stock I removed my BMS clutch stop, pedal is much stiffer but feels nice, easy to get going from a stop didn't stall or anything, can't hear any audible noises or anything, I have a slight chatter when I go to take off but I had the same thing with the stock clutch, could be from the dog bone insert or it's just me cause neither clutch did it all the time, rev hang is a little bit better, very easy to drive. I used the original clutch pack and pressure plate they sent me cause I was pretty positive to the discs didn't get contaminated. I have an extra brand new pp and clutch pack now just in case. I recommend this clutch so far but I only have 10 miles on it right now. I also did the stainless clutch line while I was at it.

Thanks for the update. Here is another review from someone with a Golf R from the VWVortex forums:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8972769-DKM-Twin-Disk-(MS-Series)-Clutch-Review

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Did DKM send new flywheel bolts too or only pressure plate bolts?

If I do order this thing I wanna make sure I have everything in one order.