GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Hope it works out. I'm eyeing this clutch also for my Golf R. Reviews I've read have been very good and the price is competitive.
It's all worked out I pulled the transmission back out that morning and found the problem with the slave cylinder assembly and DKM will overnight a new kit. And if it gets here early enough tomorrow I will put it back in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm installing my Dkm stage 3 twin disc clutch today and I weighed the flywheel pp with discs and a whole unit.
Flywheel is 18.2 pounds
Pp with discs are 20.7 pounds
And the unit as a while was 39 pounds. When I get the stock unit out I will weigh it. When the clutch is done I will review.
Oem unit
Dmf is 27.9
Pp and disc 13.3
Total is 41.2 pounds

Helps offset the IE beast.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Helps offset the IE beast.
Lol every little bit helps. When I opened that thing I was like shit this things is heavy and my pops was like shouldn't you be trying to make this car lighter not heavier lol. Benefits out way the cons.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
So do you think the TOB/slave was faulty or the wrong one was sent in the kit?
It was faulty. I found the problem as soon as I dropped the tranny back out and put fluid to the slave assembly and found it was leaking at the section of the joint. I'll take a picture when I get home

railroader

Autocross Newbie
That joint where the clip is where it leaks from. It is very flimsy. They are sending me everything minus flywheel and it will be here tomorrow. I'm going to put it all together and see if the current clutch works ok. I sure no fluid got on the discs to contaminate them so I will have an extra set of discs and a pressure plate.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Sounds like top notch customer service!

Hopefully the rest of the install is uneventful and you'll be in a boring break in period soon!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Sounds like top notch customer service!

Hopefully the rest of the install is uneventful and you'll be in a boring break in period soon!
Customer service was great. Tell you what though, that transmission is really easy to remove now after doing it twice in two days. Took me forever to drop it out the first time but I went slow and cautious and now it took me about two hours to get it out myself today.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ok clutch is in and only drove it 10 miles and so far it feels nice. Engagement is lower than stock I removed my BMS clutch stop, pedal is much stiffer but feels nice, easy to get going from a stop didn't stall or anything, can't hear any audible noises or anything, I have a slight chatter when I go to take off but I had the same thing with the stock clutch, could be from the dog bone insert or it's just me cause neither clutch did it all the time, rev hang is a little bit better, very easy to drive. I used the original clutch pack and pressure plate they sent me cause I was pretty positive to the discs didn't get contaminated. I have an extra brand new pp and clutch pack now just in case. I recommend this clutch so far but I only have 10 miles on it right now. I also did the stainless clutch line while I was at it.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
This is my upgrade of choice when it comes time. Glad you got it sorted, subbed for updates.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Also I weighed the transmission before I put it back in and it weighed 103 pounds with no fluid

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thank you for this. I saw the little tranny in my car and was planning to "bear hug" it out, seems I should go get a decent trans jack first.
I used or have a transmission jack (shitty harbor freight) and I ended up throwing it out of my way and lifted it in. The jack I had does not work good for a transaxle. Getting it out was not bad and the jack worked ok just try to balance it so it don't fall off the jack

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I've hit almost 200 miles of the 750 dkm recommends for the break in period and I have a shudder taking off in first gear and in reverse but reverse is worse. I ordered new bfi stage 2 engine and transmission mounts to see if that helps. A little bit of chatter if it gets lugged down then goes away.