GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Do to the fact that the Rev9 and this one are actually different dimensions (by quite a bit) I'm starting this new thread. Will transfer over data off Rev9 thread. This is another option well priced below brand name IC. Stay tuned.

Magic / Majesty IC install – MK7 GTI (parts guide) by marc5800

Parts / trimming / modifications
1) confirmed trimming / filing of upper (driver) peg required
30 mm to 25 mm

2) possible trimming / filing of lower U shape pegs for AC condenser

3) various screws and washers
- (4) M5x10 (I can confirm these fit the upper pegs of the IC )
- (4) M5X12 (only if making a bracket!)
- #10 washer
- (2) M6X10 screws down at the bottom (near U shape pegs)
(If making bracket: length 45mm with 35mm hole spacing. If making brackets and using #10 washers, use M5x12mm. On the bottom, use two M6x10mm (1.0) cap screws)

4) spare (2) yellow ebay / VW knock off bracket supports for radiator / IC assembly
(These apparently are hard to remove and can break easily)

https://m.ebay.com/itm/x2-White-Upp...629916&rvr_id=0&ul_noapp=true&epid=1063515796

Possible lower internal part of doughnut where peg fits through.

Few installation notes from member AlienSP

1. Take images and place blue painters tape on the bumper at the edges of the headlights for future alignment of bumper and sanity check. You won’t have to ask yourself “did it look that way before?”.

2. When you get to the crash bar, scribe around all 6 bolts for reinstallation.

3. You may need to file bottom slots for the radiator to have some clearance from the IC.

4. I had to file (front side) where the plastic clips from the radiator fit into the IC. A little material from the front makes it snap right in.

5. The magic IC does not have slots on the bottom of the side pegs, before transfer/installation of yellow clips, file the lower tab off from inside the yellow clip. There is still a groove/ tab at the top.

6. The Chinese yellow clips are not ultrasonically welded on both sides at the rubber-plastic interface. It actually allows more side-to-side play which may be good for installation purposes.

7. The passenger side yellow clip snapped right in; the driver side had clearance issues and would not go in. It may be the long support peg mentioned by others. I eventually made it clip on one tab, but broke the other. As a bailout, the yellow clip has a hole on the front that is perfect for tapping to M6 and the frame has a natural through-hole. I put a M6x15mm in there for security and it tightened everything up.

8. A larger IC takes more space and moves the radiator closer to the engine. To get a ¼” more clearance between the two, bring the bottom of the IC frame forward ¼” on the crash bar mounting bolts (bottom 2 of 4 that face to the sides of car). Leave the top two in the original scribed position.

9. Check your hood latch alignment on the hood if it’s a little sticky.

Thank you AlienSP for pic links.

https://ibb.co/gdpE4c
https://ibb.co/jV4QAH
https://ibb.co/eFFXqH
https://ibb.co/gpcOxx

Add by Lord_Flexingtin

Aye I'd like to make an addition to the install guide.

This may seem dumb but for the next group of idiots that try this on their own. Could you add that when we say trimm driver side peg. Its not the silver or smooth part of the beg. its the molding/housing of the peg that needs to be filed down. I couldn't understand as to WHY it needed to be filed down and it just seemed to make more sense for me to do the housing and not the peg itself.

Im weird and really follow wording closely, so that was a good hour or so wasted trying to figure out wtf i did wrong with the clips.

Ebay clips do provide more side to side movement.

DO NOT FUCKING FORGET ABOUT THE HOOD LATCH. I half did. I put the housing back on but not the cable bit so now i have to cut up my grill to open the hood and order a new one. So kinda cut into the savings of the intercooler but it was my mistake. Moved to fast. So seriously who ever reads this be sure the hood latch cable is secure or your day will go bad very quickly.

Lots of bolts/nuts so try to have some sort of ordering system for reinstall.

Last edited:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
For reference: Magic is 626mm X 410mm X 64mm = 16.4 Liters (once converted to cm). ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
This is off Wagner's site.

Last edited:

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Looks like my Wagner IC lol

bigred1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm digging how the Wagner is using what appears to be worm clamps on their unit. Cool.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Due to an idea by FLTrooper I used my thermal gun and high dryer just to see effects through the core. Just for chits and grins and here are pics and results. I realize this is not compressed turbo air on the car. Interesting nonetheless.

After running hairdryer on right side inlet for about 4-5 minutes the right side (outside) of IC hit 181.5F max. The inlet on right side one inch off hairdryer into inlet (inside) hit 165F. Pointing the thermal gun into tip of hairdryer showed 220-230F. The left side (inside) outlet air was blowing out 80.4F. Ambient in the garage was 82.5F. Pics show the data.

Last edited:

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Due to an idea by FLTrooper I used my thermal gun and high dryer just to see effects through the core. Just for chits and grins and here are pics and results. I realize this is not compressed turbo air on the car. Interesting nonetheless.

After running hairdryer on right side inlet for about 4-5 minutes the right side (outside) of IC hit 181.5F max. The inlet on right side one inch off hairdryer into inlet (inside) hit 165F. Pointing the thermal gun into tip of hairdryer showed 220-230F. The left side (inside) outlet air was blowing out 80.4F. Ambient in the garage was 82.5F. Pics show the data.

Lmao you have too much time on your hands man just install the damn IC and enjoy your car at wot :p

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
For reference: Magic is 626mm X 410mm X 64mm = 16.4 Liters (once converted to cm). ;).

Instead of regurgitating false info on the volume of the IC, why not actually measure it? It would be pretty easy to see how much water it holds. (Not that volume really means anything since it's such a simplistic way of comparison)

Hunter's_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
So is this one a FMIC or a direct replacement?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ashiun

Ready to race!