GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed
MSRP of $32,800 makes that $5,800 off sticker. Assuming doc fee is minimal that is pretty good. Nova would be $25,600 and then they are now tacking on an out of area fee which is something like $500 so now it $26,100. Then you have to determine financing. They will make you take some awful 4 percent which means you have to refi it ASAP to get a better rate. You aren't really that far from them where you are now. Go buy it.

Well depending on credit score you may qualify for 0.9 financing, though it's pretty tough to get (considered tier 1 credit). I was in tier 2 (very good) and got financed at 2.9. Also remember to calculate all pricing and interest with a financial calculator...things end up being more expensive than you would initially think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crescens

I wish these prices were the same in my area. A dealership in VA has the S for 18k, the Sport for 20k, and the SE for 23k.

Best price in my area is an S for 23k, Sport for 25k.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I wish these prices were the same in my area. A dealership in VA has the S for 18k, the Sport for 20k, and the SE for 23k.

Best price in my area is an S for 23k, Sport for 25k.

Price which you see on their webpage is not the final price before tax and title. They do not include dealer documentation fee and VW destination fee on those listed prices. Also recently they have started charging additional fee for out of state customers. Even with all the aforesaid charges, they might still offer a good deal.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
CSG Autobahn with Driver Assistance Package and no DCC unfortunately.

MSRP was $35.7k not including dealer add ons.

OOTD = $36.4k - This included $1k of dealer add ons (ridiculous that they priced it at 1k) and extended warranty for 5 year 100k miles.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Do you know which ones are charging this bullshit fee?

Not sure about everyone, but Stohlman has this fine note in their webpage: An adjusted market value will be added back to all new vehicle prices for customers living outside of VA, MD and D.C.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Not sure about everyone, but Stohlman has this fine note in their webpage: An adjusted market value will be added back to all new vehicle prices for customers living outside of VA, MD and D.C.

They could shove that right up their @$$. I work in and purchase most of my vehicles in the D.C. area but live in Delaware. Never dealt with anything like that and I've got screaming deals on two VWs purchases in the past year in the area: $6200 off sticker on my GTI and $8000 off sticker on my TDI.

To charge extra would be a sham. The postage would cost the same to mail their DMV/titling paperwork to Richmond VA or Sacramento CA. They incur no extra cost on an out of state/region buyer.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Isn't VW basically still shoveling cash and incentives to them to move cars (thus the hefty discounts)? Since a lot of customer incentives are regional when buying new cars, I wonder if VW is withholding some to the dealer if the car isn't registered in that area. If no one is driving them around, then no one thinks about them when it comes time to get a new car. VW wants as many of them in these densely populated areas as possible. Makes sense to me....

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Isn't VW basically still shoveling cash and incentives to them to move cars (thus the hefty discounts)? Since a lot of customer incentives are regional when buying new cars, I wonder if VW is withholding some to the dealer if the car isn't registered in that area. If no one is driving them around, then no one thinks about them when it comes time to get a new car. VW wants as many of them in these densely populated areas as possible. Makes sense to me....

I doubt they think that deeply, but by golly the Stohlman guy that reads this forum just got a brilliant story to use on his next out of state customer! :D

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
They could shove that right up their @$$. I work in and purchase most of my vehicles in the D.C. area but live in Delaware. Never dealt with anything like that and I've got screaming deals on two VWs purchases in the past year in the area: $6200 off sticker on my GTI and $8000 off sticker on my TDI.

To charge extra would be a sham. The postage would cost the same to mail their DMV/titling paperwork to Richmond VA or Sacramento CA. They incur no extra cost on an out of state/region buyer.

I did not have to pay this additional fee last year when i bought mine. This has been added recently by some of the dealers as they see lot of other state buyer traffic because of their pricing. Its another greedy fee similar to that of their documentation charge to milk the buyer.