GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of Ed's MK7 Headlight replicas

fluidd

Passed Driver's Ed
Just for clarification, these mk7 R headlight reps, do they only cater to those that had the Halogen headlights (No lighting package)?

Or, are you saying later on, you will have Reps for those that had chosen the lighting package as well?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Just for clarification, these mk7 R headlight reps, do they only cater to those that had the Halogen headlights (No lighting package)?

Or, are you saying later on, you will have Reps for those that had chosen the lighting package as well?

These headlights are only for cars that have halogen headlights, Reps will not work if you have the lighting package. There is just too much incompatibility between the halogen headlights and the OEM Xenons.

aays06

Yes, the lights are only for people who have halogen headlights, these wont fit if you already have the OEM Xenons.

In terms of the GTI model, probably by the fall this version will be made by a better manufacturer, eg, same as these Golf R reps. Please avoid ordering the current GTI model, you will probably regret it down the road...

Ed can you clarify in this statement. You said to wait something better coming for gti models??? Are you releasing a better pair?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Ed can you clarify in this statement. You said to wait something better coming for gti models??? Are you releasing a better pair?

I was told that a version with the red stripe will be out by early fall. Once they are ready I will post more info. They will be manufactured by the same company that makes these Golf R reps.

The GTI reps sold by Winpower, I would not want to touch...

louisdymond

Would you loose your full electric warranty on the car if you fitted these or just the warranty for the headlights? I would like to get these but I am unsure of the warranty

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
They look like good quality units via pics. Would be interested to hear if the seller honours any warranty claims.

Not saying he wont, but have been stung before with Led drl's purchased online:-:)-:)-(.

Also, the dealer will use any excuse and blame it on the lights. Make sure you tell you insurance as this is a mod.

veew

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Ed, are these headlights able to be manufactured so the light cutoff suits RHD markets? There are quite a few guys in Australia who would be keen on this.

xenaki

It doesn't look like the chrome strips through the headlights line up with the strip on the grill. Is this just the way the headlights are or can they be aligned properly? These look so good otherwise!

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Answers:

Warranty - one year warranty on the LEDs, I very rarely had issues with LEDs, either they work at the beginning and last a very long time or they just dont at the beginning. Also will provide warranty against factory defects.

Note - things like condensation is common with any new headlights, be sure to get them use to the local weather conditions before installing them, especially if it is hot and humid. A bag of silica gel in the headlights will help.

For the RHD version, we have to wait and see, the minimum order quantity is 50 sets for the RHD version as the manufacturer normally only makes the LHD version.

The Golf R front grille has a thicker chrome piece which aligns with the headlights. On a regular Golf grille, the stripe is much thinner so it looks like it does not line up.

Last edited: