GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of Ed's MK7 Headlight replicas

JimmyV83

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased Eds replica lights and wanted to post a review for everyone.

First, to begin, I have the MK7 GTI and was not a fan of the halogen lights or the projectors with the red light running through it. I heard Ed was the go to guy for replicas and after contacting him, he had a pair in stock for me.

I received the lights (with the adapter) and HID kit in perfect condition thanks to Eds excellent packing and immediately you could tell that they we're built with better quality then your average aftermarket lights. The plastic was nice and hard and the inside of the lights do no look cheap as they usually do with aftermarket lights.

The installation was very simple, all you have to do is remove some bolts on the bumper, remove the grill, and remove the bolts holding the lights. They fit in very nicely with no gaps between the curves.

Once I powered them on, you immediately noticed the LEDs we're nice and bright and the HIDs we're leveled straight. I also did NOT have to do any coding and I did NOT have any bulb out errors which made the lights that much better. I tested all the signal lights, side markers, DRLs, etc and all worked without issues. One cool thing I noticed was that the LEDs shut off on the side of the signal light as they are supposed to be. I am not sure if the DRLs are supposed to dim or not when the headlights are on, but they do not which I prefer since I like bright LEDs.

All in all, I am VERY satisfied with the lights and their quality and make. They work perfectly as intended and they really bring the car together. I have also attached pictures for everyone!

Get yours before he runs out!

uploadfromtaptalk1406258333629.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406258344772.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406258357442.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406258366318.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406258376796.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Feralys

Ready to race!
Really cool, our mk7s don't have 2 DRLs per side. So your mk7 did not come with the lighting package that included the bi-xenons i assume??
EDIT: Wait.. does replica headlight basically give you the extra inner headlight? i am so confused.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Really cool, our mk7s don't have 2 DRLs per side. So your mk7 did not come with the lighting package that included the bi-xenons i assume??
EDIT: Wait.. does replica headlight basically give you the extra inner headlight? i am so confused.

These are replicas of the Golf R model, which has both inner and outer LEDs. In addition to LED Turn signals. The inner lights are secondary halogen high beams.

The GTI model is a little different looking, as you can see at the top of the forum.

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
Ed, take my money now!

JimmyV83 can you post more details about the installation process? Not confident in doing it without some guidance.

JimmyV83

Passed Driver's Ed
You said take some bolt off bumper. Does while bumper need to be removed from car??
If you have the right tools you do not have to take the whole bumper. The hardest part is taking the last bolt off near the fender. If you take the whole bumper off, its much easier to take the lights off.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

aays06

can you take a pic please from side with hids on .. i wanna see if the system has light bleed like a lot of the mk6 headlight housings.... this was a problem, and im wonder if it is addressed?

also how in the first pic are your drl leds on with your fogs? i cant turn my fogs on without the headlights being on? did you re wire something? to get my fogs on i have to turn on lights and that causes low beams to come on as well?