GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

CBR2

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my Sport (manual trans w/ roadside kit and monster mats) in December for $24,700 and financed through my credit union. Nearly $5k off MSRP.

I know I am preaching to the choir here but other than MAYBE a Fiesta ST there is nothing even close to this quality and fun for this price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for clarification:

Did your price of $24.7k include "documentation fees" / all other dealer fees and costs, and freight / transportation fees ($820) and did it include effect of any VW direct-to-purchaser incentives (like Loyalty or Recent College Grad)? Finally, was a trade involved?

Thanks.

Last edited:

CBR2

Passed Driver's Ed
Nobody should really care how much I paid for tax, tags, license, and dealer doc fee, or what I got for my trade if applicable.

Nonsense. "Documentation Fees" represent and only represent dealer markup -- it is a part of price -- and doc fees vary considerably from dealer to dealer.

And combining two transactions, a new car purchase with a trade in completely muddies the water as to the real economics of either transaction taken alone. Dealers nearly always give you a haircut on your trade in order to give you an artificially lower price on your new car purchase. And they do this because it's easy to value a new car but much harder to value a used car.

CeleritasPrime

Ready to race!
Just for clarification:

Did your price of $24.7k include "documentation fees" / all other dealer fees and costs, and freight / transportation fees ($820) and did it include effect of any VW direct-to-purchaser incentives (like Loyalty or Recent College Grad)? Finally, was a trade involved?

Thanks.

There was a "dealer profit assurance" fee of around $250 IIRC and I brought a loan from my credit union so I got a $1,000 "cash deal" discount. No grad discount, etc.

There was a trade but it was a barely-running 16 year old POS Ford (no AC, worn out engine and everything else) that I was happy to get $500 for so not a lot to play for there.

Flying

Passed Driver's Ed
Sunnyvale VW just quoted me $350 + tax/month, $888 drive off, for a 2017 GTI sport DSG.

Sale price is $24,370 after all incentives and loyalty discounts applied. Pretty awesome deal, might be looking at $26.5k Otd.

Can anyone share there monthly lease payments in California? The time has finally come to get out of my current lease and into a GTI. I want my payment under 300, and if anyone could share their payments on a 2017 or 2016 GTI S that would help me out a lot.

figsys

'17 SE DSG w/lighting package

MSRP: $33,265
Paid: $27,400 (incentives,loyalty,partners, no 0.9 finance, not new grad) before taxes, title etc

This is in Boston area - if anyone is interested in a couple of dealers PM me.

Last edited:

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
'17 GTI SE Manual + monster mats + roadside assistance kit
MSRP: $32,030
Paid: $25,599.17 + TTL + Docs + Delivery (no incentives, womp womp)
Total OTD: $27,456.25

Edit: This was in Northern Virginia at Stholman VW

Last edited:

CBR2

Passed Driver's Ed
'17 GTI SE Manual + monster mats + roadside assistance kit
MSRP: $32,030
Paid: $25,599.17 + TTL + Docs + Delivery (no incentives, womp womp)
Total OTD: $27,456.25

Edit: This was in Northern Virginia at Stholman VW

Something doesn't add up. Sales tax excluded? (Out the door includes sales tax but perhaps you excluded because MSRP is before sales tax?).

Also, doc fees are part of price (as is delivery) -- so how much were the doc fees?

Finally, was there a trade involved?

Last edited:

CBR2

Passed Driver's Ed
'17 SE DSG w/lighting package

MSRP: $33,265
Paid: $27,400 (incentives,loyalty,partners, no 0.9 finance, not new grad) before taxes, title etc

This is in Boston area - if anyone is interested in a couple of dealers PM me.

Loyalty incentive was $1k. What is "partners" incentive (MGH or BWH?) and how much for this incentive? What item(s) does "etc" refer to (only ma registration / tags or something else too?)

Was a trade involved?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Something doesn't add up. Sales tax excluded? (Out the door includes sales tax but perhaps you excluded because MSRP is before sales tax?).

Also, doc fees are part of price (as is delivery) -- so how much were the doc fees?

Finally, was there a trade involved?

What doesn't add up? IT his otd price too high?

mwy23

Passed Driver's Ed
Purchased GTI sport on Friday. MSRP $30,315 for $24,000 + TTL and a $150 doc fee. Price includes $1000 loyalty and $500 partner program. Was pretty happy getting 20% off retail.

blah32

Bought a 2017 Sport with DSG two weeks ago for $24,499 including just the $500 Partners discount. With the crazy 9.75% sales tax in NorCal, total came out to around $27,500 including TTL. Seems like a pretty decent deal, love the car!

CiviclyConverting

Bought a 2017 Sport with DSG two weeks ago for $24,499 including just the $500 Partners discount. With the crazy 9.75% sales tax in NorCal, total came out to around $27,500 including TTL. Seems like a pretty decent deal, love the car!

Congrats! She's a beauty, good deal, and nice choice of color. Curious, did the incoming 2018s come into play when you negotiated? It's surely on their minds in terms of moving 2017 inventory, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blah32

Figure you were replying to somebody else since I didn't mention color :)

I did ask a couple of dealers about 2018 models and how that factors into pricing for the outgoing. They weren't too forthcoming but one dealer said that they don't know when they'll actually get the new models in the lot and VW notifies them just a month or so in advance. Seemed like BS to me but what do I know. Anyway, I agree with you, they must be willing to negotiate on the price to meet quotas and what not. I've been getting a lot of calls from other dealerships around the area about discounts they're running. If anybody is in the market, end of May would probably be a good time to buy.

Congrats! She's a beauty, good deal, and nice choice of color. Curious, did the incoming 2018s come into play when you negotiated? It's surely on their minds in terms of moving 2017 inventory, right?

wantone

Ready to race!

There is no Sport model for 2018 so new models hitting the dealerships probably don't play much of a role in pricing for that particular 2017 trim. If anything the Sport models will rise in price near the end of 2017 production due to their one year run. I'm holding out for the 2018 for the SE since that trim should decline in price without leather, Fender and sunroof standard. Hopefully they will allow sunroof as the only option. That will be equal to the Sport w/sunroof. For those of us that desire the sunroof it's a win win.

dv0dv0

05/05/17
17 GTI SE 6pd - Night Blue
+Mats +Roadside Pack

MSRP: 32,030
Paid: 27,500 before tax/license/fees/warranty
California - Bay Area

Not sure if I got the greatest deal but it seemed OK according to TrueCar numbers