GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
We don't really know if we will get the updates over here in the states. If you wait for the 18's you might be able to get a better deal on 17s
Are '18 confirmed incoming? And will we even get all the new features compared to the euro model?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Are '18 confirmed incoming? And will we even get all the new features compared to the euro model?

That's the thing, no one knows. We all say no but in the back of our heads there's a chance because it's such a minor face lift

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Don't know if you're still making you're decision or not but this is how I got this deal which i'm extremely happy with.

First hit them at the end of the month, I went on the second last day of the month and left in my car the last day of the month.

Second tell them exactly what you want, don't budge they will break and give you what you want if it's reasonable.

I work part time at a Chrysler dealership as a detailer so I've been around dealerships and this is how they work, they don't care about the lease, they're not making real money selling new cars or leasing new cars, what they want to do is get rid of a certain amount to hit quota's and get bonuses from the auto manufacturer they sell.

Using all this I went in and told them I wanted to pay 356 a month and refused to give them any money besides my trade which was a total POS saab that was just an auction car for them. Long story short I held firm and left the dealer in a brand new 17 GTI S without a single penny coming out of my pocket, not for new plates or registration, nothing. I think the money they gave me for the Saab came out to $2200 even though it would've only been worth about $1500 if I sold it on my own via craigslist.

This is all coming from someone who was 19 years old at the time with no real credit , only about a year of small credit card purchases. My dealer really bent over backwards to get me in this car at the price I wanted without a cosigner. Tell them what you want, don't break, and go at the end of the month and you can get a decent deal, good luck!

I didn't have a POS saab, but I did better than you, and still consider it a bad deal. I went in with a 2012 GTI with 49K miles that I still owed 11K on, traded it in with no money out of pocket for a 2015 GTI SE 2door manual for 319/mo. I was 21, and had the same credit history as you.

thosoneill

14998 sterling - first registered August 2016 with 1700 miles on the odometer - vw golf match edition five door 1.6 tdi bluemotion in as new condition - Dover alloys - adaptive cruise control - folding heated door mirrors - sat nav and numerous other toys

RobertMK7

2017 GTI SE with DGS/LP/PP bought from Stohlman VW in Tyson. $29,000 everything including the actual vehicle cost (around $26,000 I think), tax, title, registration and processing fee. No VW royalty saving since I never owned a VW.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I'm unsure if everyone is getting great deals on GTI's since Ive been seeing they can be had for 3k-5k under msrp.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Got mine (17' GTI Sport 6MT) for $25,500 including dealer fees/registration etc. tax was another story (Damn NY!) no VW loyalty cash so I could've gotten it for $24,500 if qualified. Msrp on the sport was $29,135.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I'm unsure if everyone is getting great deals on GTI's since Ive been seeing they can be had for 3k-5k under msrp.

What complicates things here is when people lump everything into an "out the door" price or, to the other extreme, where they strip everything out to give a low sale price that doesn't even include the destination.

The best way to know what kind of deal a person got is to know the sale price compared to what is on the window sticker. What is on the window sticker is MSRP, including destination. Everything else is location and dealer-specific noise.

So, for instance, the window sticker on my car when I bought it in July 2016 was $28,905 (including destination). My sales price was $22,720 (including destination). So, I purchased for $6,185 below MSRP.

Nobody should really care how much I paid for tax, tags, license, and dealer doc fee, or what I got for my trade if applicable. Those items are apples to oranges comparisons. That sort of stuff will vary depending on where you live, how long you tag your car for (Delaware allows five years on a new car for instance at $40 per year), what your trade-in was etc. So just stick to the constants, which are sales price, including destination, for an apples to apples comparison. Whenever I hear "out the door", I wince, because dealers love to lump everything in to that price and hope you don't notice where they fucked you until after you took the keys.

AJ15

Ready to race!
2017 Sport (Tornado Red)
6MT, 4DR.
MSRP: $29,000 (including "Monster Mats" & Cargo Liner/blocks ($235) + Freight ($820))
Sale Price: $24,000

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
2017 Sport (Tornado Red)
MSRP: $29,000 (including "Monster Mats" & Cargo Liner/blocks ($235) + Freight ($820))

Excellent deal. Enjoy the ride! :D

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
2017 Sport (Tornado Red)

Where from? I'm trying to get a new car in the next 2 weeks and it'd be really useful to know exactly where I can go to find a deal at least similar to this.

Also, this is for a manual not a DSG, correct?

WidowsSon13

Got my 16 GTI SE MT for $22,000. The mileage was a little high (Turned over 20k on the way home from the dealer) but the thing is in immaculate condition! 4 Year certified warranty (I've had it a month and I'm sure I've voided a lot of the warranty by now lol) but still I think i got a pretty good deal :)

AJ15

Ready to race!
Where from? I'm trying to get a new car in the next 2 weeks and it'd be really useful to know exactly where I can go to find a deal at least similar to this.

I'm sorry... Including the transmission and doors would have been helpful. I updated the original post.
It's a 4 door w/ manual transmission. I'll PM you the dealership. I didn't like the experience.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

Northern Va/ Md most likely. Sheehy and Stohlman usually have teh best prices