GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
I like them a lot but $1200 for taillights that you never see in action,unless you watch someone steal your car or stand in your driveway watching your hazards, is mental. That's getting to the point where I'd just trade in for the updated model. I know it'd be a bigger financial hit but you'd benefit from other improvements.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I like them a lot but $1200 for taillights that you never see in action,unless you watch someone steal your car or stand in your driveway watching your hazards, is mental. That's getting to the point where I'd just trade in for the updated model. I know it'd be a bigger financial hit but you'd benefit from other improvements.
Highly doubt we will ever see a facelift R in the states. Vwoa is telling dealers not to expect new R models so don't lower prices. I've heard it from a couple different guys at the local dealers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Highly doubt we will ever see a facelift R in the states. Vwoa is telling dealers not to expect new R models so don't lower prices. I've heard it from a couple different guys at the local dealers.

Time to move R production to Mexico.
USA 2nd tier for Germany production now.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

Wut?

That's not how it works.

VW doesn't dictate nor collude with dealers on pricing.

Also it makes no sense to have facelifted Golf R on the assembly line and still make an American run of the old body style. I am guessing like everything we will get the facelifted R 12-18 months after Europe.

Internexus

Ready to race!

I purchased the car for $31k, you're saying to sell it which one may get $20-23k out of and purchase another new one to cover the cost of a set of tail lights that likely wont be offered on the US model? I'm missing the logic :confused:

Once we have some time in our pockets they should become more readily available to other distributors and drive pricing down slightly.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I think I'm going to order the facelift lights this week. All I need to do is code the car for the LED euro lights then tweak it a bit. The shop I'm communicating with is out of Germany and their English isn't the best, at least their emails are a bit broken.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I purchased the car for $31k, you're saying to sell it which one may get $20-23k out of and purchase another new one to cover the cost of a set of tail lights that likely wont be offered on the US model? I'm missing the logic :confused:

Once we have some time in our pockets they should become more readily available to other distributors and drive pricing down slightly.
I've seen between 520-750 for the lights depening on where you go they are still a bit hard to source since most online parts places don't have them yet.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I think I'm going to order the facelift lights this week. All I need to do is code the car for the LED euro lights then tweak it a bit. The shop I'm communicating with is out of Germany and their English isn't the best, at least their emails are a bit broken.

No harnesses? No wire snaking between outer and inner tails?

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
I have BEC harness with current LED lights, may take gamble and order lights and wait for solid solution. It's just that those adapters are way too pricey

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What was required wiring / coding / harness wise?

I see that you already had the LEDs being that you have a Clubsport.