GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Aka, the candy cane effect. Not a fan, personally.

There's a separate thread discussion this facelift headlights. Lol

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Aka, the candy cane effect. Not a fan, personally.

There's a separate thread discussion this facelift headlights. Lol

Gotcha. I like the current "U shaped" pattern myself also. Not a fan of the facelift ones, but I can see how it flows better with the facelift fenders.

Facelift tails are nice though, and would match either pre or post facelift headlights. The previous LED tails with the "dotted" effect aren't that great, imo.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Gotcha. I like the current "U shaped" pattern myself also. Not a fan of the facelift ones, but I can see how it flows better with the facelift fenders.

Facelift tails are nice though, and would match either pre or post facelift headlights. The previous LED tails with the "dotted" effect aren't that great, imo.

I agree with you on the facelift tails. I actually think they look more in sync with the current UU headlights.

The current "dotted" tails, less so. One of the reasons I haven't gone for them.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

I feel the same way, I don't think the current LED pattern has any flow/concept that goes with the MK7. The facelift ones look much more consistent with the overall design of the car IMO

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I agree with you on the facelift tails. I actually think they look more in sync with the current UU headlights.

The current "dotted" tails, less so. One of the reasons I haven't gone for them.

I'm kinda indifferent on the headlights. I love the "U" design but my only gripe with them is the turn indicators. They're dim against direct sunlight even w/ the bulbs swapped to LED... the Golf/GTI light pack at least. (I believe the R comes with LED turn signals?)

I really like how the turn signals are integrated with the DRL in the new headlight design. More visible. I'm sure eventually someone will get a hold of this and fit it into the pre-facelift models. The only question is the amount of modifying they need to do lol (read that hood/fenders/bumper are different so it most likely isn't a plug and play fit)

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
I'm kinda indifferent on the headlights. I love the "U" design but my only gripe with them is the turn indicators. They're dim against direct sunlight even w/ the bulbs swapped to LED... the Golf/GTI light pack at least. (I believe the R comes with LED turn signals?)

I really like how the turn signals are integrated with the DRL in the new headlight design. More visible. I'm sure eventually someone will get a hold of this and fit it into the pre-facelift models. The only question is the amount of modifying they need to do lol (read that hood/fenders/bumper are different so it most likely isn't a plug and play fit)

You could be the guinea pig :)

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP

yeah really wish the pre-facelift came with led turn indicators that run the length of the bottom of the headlights. Instead of just the inner area

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Mine are finally on it's way to me. Lets prepare your questions I'll be happy to share anything from my experience with them.

Do you currently have the halogen tails or the euro LEDs? I can't recall.

How are you going to manage the different connectors?

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie

I agree and for the same reasons have not made the plunge for LeD tails as of yet

The hood and fenders are different? I never looked closely.. now why would they go and do that!?

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you currently have the halogen tails or the euro LEDs? I can't recall.

How are you going to manage the different connectors?

I have the tinted R LED tails. There are adaptors coming in that package as well :cool: I can't tell you what exactly they are doing at this point as I don't have it in my hands yet, but they will transform the different connectors for sure.

Also I have seen that the lights are currently on backorder so really hard to get them and the price went up. 1100 Euro with the adaptors

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I have the tinted R LED tails. There are adaptors coming in that package as well :cool: I can't tell you what exactly they are doing at this point as I don't have it in my hands yet, but they will transform the different connectors for sure.

Also I have seen that the lights are currently on backorder so really hard to get them and the price went up. 1100 Euro with the adaptors

Where are you seeing those prices?

Cheers.