• Tough Guy

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Waver

Votes: 220 78.9%

• Total voters

Joel

Ready to race!
If you wave, I'll wave back.
Most everyone on a bike ( he says wavering off topic ) waves to other bikes around here, except for some Harley riders that only wave at other Harley's. Sometimes they flip you off and shout " get a real bike " lol.

Cured me of waving first I guess...

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I'll wave or signal in some fashion... just to people who drive modded VWs...

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
We all give quick peace signs or head nods to each other on South East VA.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Always see 2 grey mk6's parked at grocery, Wal-Mart etc. Always park next to or across. noticed they do the same and I usually park in BFE. Never actually seen the drivers.

Also see a blue R coming every morning, as I'm going. Tried the nod and finger raise. No response. Guess I'm too stock looking or he doesn't know what he has I.e. Not an enthusiast.

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I always look for at least one mod before exchanging hellos haha

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Learning to be a waver, cuz I'm new still.
A gti was honkin at me one day, caught me off guard, and was too late to acknowledge. I think it's cool, I wanna be a waver

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm a waiver. It's like Corvette owners lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
The more prevalent a marque becomes the less likely you are to get a wave. Not to sound like a snob but I don't think there is enough exclusivity to engage in the practice. Consequently, I don't even think about it. Just my 2¢
Fair point, but if the millions of Jeeps can, the thousands of GTIs should. At least the ratio here seems to be, but the Jeeps are built right down the road haha.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Nobody waves at me ever neither do I wave at others but I loved it when I rode my motorcycle and there were that camaraderie. If you broke down there were always another rider to help you for example.
Maybe is time to start a trend...
I'm trying too! I wave at every GTI of every gen. R owners have just smirked, sorta like "look at that peasant." Lol.

The poll results are pleasing at least by %.

cal45

Ready to race!
Well, coming from a ZL1 Camaro, there were more waves from fellow Camaro owners which I participated in (also owned a C5 Vette where the wave is common practice). Now as I have an R as my daily diver, have not noticed the waves here in FL from the GTI/R crowd. I did try the wave a few times I spotted a GTI across from me but did not receive a response - not even sure the other driver spotted me. One thing is that just about every GTI/R I have noticed has dark tints (a must here in FL) and it makes it much more difficult to actually see inside another car across the way......so I may be guilty of being a "tough guy" and not waving at times as I never saw it. ;)

Last edited: