GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

reemizzle

Ready to race!
There's quite a few I see in the Naperville area. None of them ever want to have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
^i got em, live not too far from ya.

gotta say worth it man. the LED 'u's are not PERFECTLY fluid looking like the oem stuff (you can kinda see the hotspots of the leds) and they glow a little more blue-ish than i would like, but those are small gripes and honestly the oem stuff has the same issue.

Otherwise they are holding up great, great quality, everything else is good!

Did you install yours yourself? I just ordered mine last week. Maybe we can get a little tech day going?

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Also, could anyone recommend a reliable shop that could install lowering springs?

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Everything I've gotten done is at GRD. good people to work with

Thanks for the suggestion. They quoted me around $400 for the install, which to me seems a bit high.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Let me know if you find anything cheaper. Want springs but don't want to pay more than they are for labor lol.

It's going to be hard to find it much cheaper unless you find a buddy that will do this as a side job. It's a pretty labor intensive job. Is that price quote including an alignment as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Let me know if you find anything cheaper. Want springs but don't want to pay more than they are for labor lol.

Will do. I may have a friend actually do it as a side job, if so I can forward you his info.

It's going to be hard to find it much cheaper unless you find a buddy that will do this as a side job. It's a pretty labor intensive job. Is that price quote including an alignment as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's a great question, I'm not sure actually. He said it may be cheaper if I bought the springs through GRD.

reemizzle

Ready to race!
Will do. I may have a friend actually do it as a side job, if so I can forward you his info.

That's a great question, I'm not sure actually. He said it may be cheaper if I bought the springs through GRD.

I talked to someone while they were getting them done at GRD and supposedly the GTI springs are an absolute pain in the ass

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I talked to someone while they were getting them done at GRD and supposedly the GTI springs are an absolute pain in the ass

I watched an install video. It's a little more work than a standard spring install because you actually have to remove part of the axle apparently, so yeah that's probably accurate. Any way, I think I found someone to do a side job so I'll see what that runs me.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
supposedly the GTI springs are an absolute pain in the ass

Not true

It's a little more work than a standard spring install because you actually have to remove part of the axle apparently, so yeah that's probably accurate. Any way, I think I found someone to do a side job so I'll see what that runs me.

Not true
Use the 2x4 method & life (and the job) will be a lot easier...no axle removal required

If you still need help, try contacting Jay in the Chicago area....he does installs:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/member.php?u=29528

DanJoy

Ready to race!
2x4 method all day. I had never done a spring install in my life and it took me a good 8 hours referencing how to videos, taking my time and taking a lot of breaks. Could probably do it in under 4 now.