GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

armedferret

Ready to race!
Why do people have the need to not comply with police?
oh muh rights blah blah. Ok yes you have rights, but why drag 3 officers into the situation that couldve been diffused if all you had to do was show you have a license to carry instead of ranting off about gun laws and rights, etc.
He isn't helping gun rights by inconveniencing the police who could be doing better things with their time, for instance, preventing more murders from happening on that corner as mentioned in the video.

Anyway, I actually picked up my first concealed carry pistol over the weekend at a gun show. Ruger LC9S Pro. Can't wait to take it to the range and get it broken in.

on the whole, the open carry movement stuff (IMO) is silly. however, the Philly instance is frankly quite different. it's a matter of the officers not knowing the law, assuming everyone who has a firearm is a "bad guy", and treating them as such without any legal basis to do so.

when they try to claim carrying a firearm is illegal period, there's issues there. at best, it risks serious lawsuits against the city/department for false arrest/imprisonment because the officers don't know the law. either teach them what is and isn't legal, or put them in a different role if they can't seem to get it.

i say the above with zero interest in open carrying or trying to start crap with police officers. ;)

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
on the whole, the open carry movement stuff (IMO) is silly. however, the Philly instance is frankly quite different. it's a matter of the officers not knowing the law, assuming everyone who has a firearm is a "bad guy", and treating them as such without any legal basis to do so.

when they try to claim carrying a firearm is illegal period, there's issues there. at best, it risks serious lawsuits against the city/department for false arrest/imprisonment because the officers don't know the law. either teach them what is and isn't legal, or put them in a different role if they can't seem to get it.

i say the above with zero interest in open carrying or trying to start crap with police officers. ;)

Ahh okay. I was at work when I watched the video so I was skimming through it. I do agree if the officer says that having a visible gun on you is illegal, that's just plain wrong. I guess in that case the man arguing is correct.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Sorry, when you said suburbs, I took that to mean out of the city completely not just out of center city. Like Bucks or Montgomery. I lived in the Northeast, in what was supposed to be a good neighborhood. I now believe there is NO good neighborhoods in Philly. I'm sure you read the crime reports in the paper.

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
Sorry, when you said suburbs, I took that to mean out of the city completely not just out of center city. Like Bucks or Montgomery. I lived in the Northeast, in what was supposed to be a good neighborhood. I now believe there is NO good neighborhoods in Philly. I'm sure you read the crime reports in the paper.

The only place I feel relatively safe is Center City, Gayberhood and parts of Old City. I remember in High School (this wasn't even long ago, '08-'12) I could walk from my high school on 17th and Girard to Suburban station and not feel threatened. Now, I don't know if I could go more than half a block from my high school on foot if I visited.

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Pocket change

North American .22LR .JPG

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The only place I feel relatively safe is Center City, Gayberhood and parts of Old City. I remember in High School (this wasn't even long ago, '08-'12) I could walk from my high school on 17th and Girard to Suburban station and not feel threatened. Now, I don't know if I could go more than half a block from my high school on foot if I visited.

I don't think you would make it off school property now.

I cannot believe how bad the area where I used to live is now. Last August I was up there and had lunch with my old boss at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I went out to Bucks and got a PA carry permit the next day. My Florida permit is good in PA but I figured it would look better if I got stopped.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Thanks!
Nope, never have been a big belt buckle kinda guy.

I just carry it in my pocket or use the belt clip holster if needed.
It's a nice, little piece to carry when traveling light.

I always wanted one. How's the recoil with that little bird's head grip?

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Pocket change

I always wanted one. How's the recoil with that little bird's head grip?

If you didn't have a good hold on it the thing would try to jump out of your hand. :eek:
Just have to make sure your middle finger is secure on the grips.
naa grip.jpg

Gun is very accurate
I can hit soda cans from 10 ft almost consistently.
I've shot a derringer that was very erratic. :rolleyes:

belt clip holster.jpg
This holster clips inside the pants pocket easily too.
I'll carry it hiking and on short shopping trips when the .45 seems too much.
It works great for what it is.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
They should make a lanyard holster for it, if they don't already. A "plastic" one that snaps onto the barrel end that you can wear around your neck. It would cover the cylinder and only fit on if the hammer is between cylinders so it's safe.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
This thread has slowed so I thought I'd mention that I hope you all are boycotting businesses as much as possible that are not "gun-friendly" to concealed permit holders. These include Starbucks, Target, and entertainment venues that think our Second Amendment rights end at their door, all in the name of political correctness. Sure, they're private businesses that have the right to do so, and we have the right to take our business elsewhere.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
This thread has slowed so I thought I'd mention that I hope you all are boycotting businesses as much as possible that are not "gun-friendly" to concealed permit holders. These include Starbucks, Target, and entertainment venues that think our Second Amendment rights end at their door, all in the name of political correctness. Sure, they're private businesses that have the right to do so, and we have the right to take our business elsewhere.

I have just been thinking about you wearing a gun around your neck.
Hard to get that picture just right. :p

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I have just been thinking about you wearing a gun around your neck.
Hard to get that picture just right. :p

LOL. I worked in da hood for 4 years and saw just that. That was light years before concealed carry permits were issued, and I doubt the people I'm referring to were eligible.

I was just at a concert and needed to walk all the way back to my hotel and back again.

armedferret

Ready to race!
MATEN bolt catch is fucking dildos. Does this with the one that came preinstalled from Mega on the lower, as well as a DPMS-branded, 308-labeled bolt catch from Brownells. Shitty phone pic:

bolt catch by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Holds for maybe half a second at best but ALWAYS fails. Never catches when shooting. Adjustable gas on the rifle, Slash's heavy buffer and spring combo. An empty mag inserted in the lower trips it fine, it just doesn't hold the BCG at all because it doesn't pop high enough to actually catch a substantial amount of bolt face.