GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Would you mind posting your Map 6 settings?

I will post them up a little later. I have them written down in my car. I still have to remove a little bit around 4500-5000. It didn't hit the target and pulled a couple of degrees on 2 cylinders. FYI. I tried royal purple octane booster. It didn't do anything to reduce the timing corrections

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I was pulling timing when i set map 6 set to 4.4 also my car got heat soaked, downpipe is real power will give another 10-15whp.

Sent from my HTC 10

Going to keep it on the short list for sure. It gets addicting

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Current map 6 settings. Any corrections were 1 or less. It's at 32 degrees and it wasn't hitting the target all the way through. Ecu was only requesting 8.6 max to 4.2 up top. i was hitting 15.2 down to 11.2 up top in third gear pull. When it was in the 50's, I was carrying over 15psi all the way to 5500.

1500 - 10.2
2000 - 11.5
2500 - 13.1
3000 - 14.1
3500 - 15.5
4000 - 16.0
4500 - 15.5
5000 - 15.0
5500 - 15.0
6000 - 14.5
6500 - 13.8
7000 - 13.1

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Current map 6 settings. Any corrections were 1 or less. It's at 32 degrees and it wasn't hitting the target all the way through. Ecu was only requesting 8.6 max to 4.2 up top. i was hitting 15.2 down to 11.2 up top in third gear pull. When it was in the 50's, I was carrying over 15psi all the way to 5500.

1500 - 10.2
2000 - 11.5
2500 - 13.1
3000 - 14.1
3500 - 15.5
4000 - 16.0
4500 - 15.5
5000 - 15.0
5500 - 15.0
6000 - 14.5
6500 - 13.8
7000 - 13.1

Can you send me your map2 log in a PM or PM me for email address. I am having problems and am currently working with george to fix the issues but I would like to see what a good clean log looks like. lol. It would help me with what I am seeing.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Can you send me your map2 log in a PM or PM me for email address. I am having problems and am currently working with george to fix the issues but I would like to see what a good clean log looks like. lol. It would help me with what I am seeing.

I sent you a PM with my email. What issues are you having?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Anyone know what the max timing is supposed to be for our engine? The gti page makes it clear for them. They target 10 degrees total. I'm hitting up to 16. I do get a little midrange drop, but it climbs up nicely. I just want to have a point to know where it's doing what it should, or if it's pulling total timing other than just the minor corrections.

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
TwinDad, first of all I am having twins in 2 months ;)

Second, could you send me your JB4 stock map and map1 logs (or even JB1 ones)? I want to compare.
I live in sub-freezing temperature (Canada) too and was worried I was having a leak because I only hit like 8psi stock and 11-12 jb1 map1. I never thought of the temperature variable! Will order JB4 soon.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

Second, could you send me your JB4 stock map and map1 logs (or even JB1 ones)? I want to compare.
I live in sub-freezing temperature (Canada) too and was worried I was having a leak because I only hit like 8psi stock and 11-12 jb1 map1. I never thought of the temperature variable! Will order JB4 soon.

Congratulations on the twins. Your life will be forever changed. Lol. Don't count on sleeping through the night for a while. The JB1 is only going to show 11-12 at most in the cold. JB4 is the way to go to fully utilize the cold weather. Map 6 and set target, not additive. I have my logs all as CSV files and though won't seem to load up on here. I have to move to a laptop to get the graph. I can email you logs though

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
email for logs sent in PM! Thanks!!!!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Does the computer cut boost in cold weather? I owned a couple supercharged vehicles in the past and in cold weather I would see an increase in boost (due to an increase in air density).

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Does the computer cut boost in cold weather? I owned a couple supercharged vehicles in the past and in cold weather I would see an increase in boost (due to an increase in air density).

The computer don't directly cut boost because of cold weather. The computer request a specific engine load value at full throttle. In colad weather, there is way more oxygen in the same volume of air, so this value will be reached with less boost in the engine. You get the same HP with less boost.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
It does ultimately cut boost though. You won't hit the same psi as in warm or hot weather. That's why the target setting on the JB4 works so well in the cold. I'm essentially adding 7-8 psi in some spots over what the ecu is giving. On additive I'm only getting 4-5 additional

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
How do you do target VS additive boost???

whitewagen

Passed Driver's Ed

Here's a log from JB4 Map1 in -12 F ambient. I haven't had time to use any other maps. All of the logs I've checked have the minor pulls in third gear, but i haven't seen anything over 2. The AFR jumping all over the place is a little concerning.

Anyone else see the IAT not move off of 32 F? George thought that there might be a lower limit, but he hadn't seen that issue yet.

Last edited: