GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Mydixadryl

Ready to race!

themyst

Ready to race!
I almost went this route, but I figured I'd lose the ability to charge the phone. The BT dongle is outrageously priced, but I went ahead and got it anyway.

I also feel it is, but considering the JB4 isn't getting in-dash gauges like the BMW platform anytime soon, it was a worthy investment. It also holds its resale value well from what I see.

Sometimes it's very annoying logging changes, open the log, look at it, make changes, whereas you could make changes a lot faster by eyeballing the needed parameters instead of dealing with the steps.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I also feel it is, but considering the JB4 isn't getting in-dash gauges like the BMW platform anytime soon, it was a worthy investment. It also holds its resale value well from what I see.

Sometimes it's very annoying logging changes, open the log, look at it, make changes, whereas you could make changes a lot faster by eyeballing the needed parameters instead of dealing with the steps.

I'll probably pick up the BT Kit and use my old phone which supports MirrorLink so I have the gauges on my radio :D

Mydixadryl

Ready to race!
I'll probably pick up the BT Kit and use my old phone which supports MirrorLink so I have the gauges on my radio :D

You lucky ducks with your 2016+ MIB2 infotainment units. Back in my day we had Bluetooth only and we liked it.

themyst

Ready to race!

ooh, smart. my android tablet has MirrorLink. :) I was planning on just getting the iOS version and mounting my phone. Now I can have waze and JB4 gauges ;)

Mk72015

Ready to race!

I have a 2016 R, does that support mirror link?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
The car does, but your phone needs to as well. Here's a partial list of phones with support, but you'll need to check with your phone manufacturer:

http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I almost went this route, but I figured I'd lose the ability to charge the phone. The BT dongle is outrageously priced, but I went ahead and got it anyway.

I have my iPhone plugged in as my main phone use a nexus 5 for the JB4 app. The iPhone will not work with the otg cable. It has to use the Bluetooth. I may invest in the adapter down the road. As far as charging with the otg cable, som phones have the capability to do so. The nexus does not unless I root it and change the kernel. That will probably be my next step. I used this cable.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C...g_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G01Y7NDSX7GFHMEQ9ZKE

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

Perry01

Ready to race!
Ok Beta testers out there, my JB4 is going to be in tomorrow's (Saturday) mail and while I'm looking forward to the increase in power, I'm not looking forward to the multiple WOT runs where I live to fine tune the car. Can you guys provide some Map 6 (absolute) settings to give me a starting point? I know modifications and weather conditions will vary but I was hoping to get some input as to where to begin testing

It took me quite a while to get the JB1 to produce logs to my satisfaction. Does having more data to log and analyze make adjustments easier with the JB4?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm just about to respond to your PM :D

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
My upgrade kit comes today. I'll probably leave it at map 2 since I don't think the roads will be in any condition for me to do data logging :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk