GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hard to say at this point.

We will know more once this thread is updated with part numbers.

I'll need help from the community.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Just a quick off subject question.

Why would you go with a spring kit (MSS) for $1000+?
I realize they're adjustable, but without proper dampening from matched shocks you won't get the most out of the springs. There's no way the stock shocks have the proper dampening (I have the VWR springs and the shocks are the weak link for sure).

For the money, you could get a true coil-over (like KW V2) that are adjustable and have much better dampening.

ROK

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the MSS springs on order as well, same kit as TechlenburgVW. I will let him speak for himself but here are my reasons.
1. Pre order pricing more like $800
2. I drive the car year round and we get snow where I live. As far as I know most coil over kits drop the ride height even on the max height setting. MSS can be raised back to stock height for winter.
3. Hopefully I'm not a sucker for marketing but every review and comment I have ever read on these is raving. Both for ride quality and increased performance. I will for now just have to take the track junkies at their word that have used these kits and shaved seconds off their lap times. Heading to the track next Friday to put down some baseline times and will record the difference with these springs.
4. Since my car is DCC I figure there is a lot different damping levels these springs can work with. In fact, if you go to their website the inventor has a whole write up of how this stacked spring set up was specifically designed to take advantage of electrically adjustable damping.

I will for sure write up a review once they are installed. I also might be the first to try MSS + IE Camber + Superpro LCA's + 18x8.5 et 45 with 245 40 G-Force Rivals. I know damn well there will be some serious fender well mods but I know I will make it work and I will post that as well.

BACK ON TOPIC STARTING...NOW!

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Just a quick off subject question.

Why would you go with a spring kit (MSS) for $1000+?
I realize they're adjustable, but without proper dampening from matched shocks you won't get the most out of the springs. There's no way the stock shocks have the proper dampening (I have the VWR springs and the shocks are the weak link for sure).

For the money, you could get a true coil-over (like KW V2) that are adjustable and have much better dampening.

Red,

That's an excellent question; but before I can address this in it's entirety, it's important to distinguish the MSS Kit solutions from the "lowering" spring category. If you want to lower the stance of your vehicle for purely aesthetic purposes, then there are solutions at a much lower price point relative to the price on the MSS Kit (ie. VWR, etc.). However, if you want to improve ride comfort, performance while braking, accelerating, turn in, stability at highway speeds with the option to adjust your ride height, then I would seriously consider the MSS Kit Fully Adjustable offering.

For the record, the MSS Kits are "matched" to the stock struts/shocks. The stock struts/shocks are quite capable and as the reviews and data start to come in from actual customers, I think you'll agree.

I'm going to offer more insight on your above question, but look for it on the following thread:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ts-for-mk7-R&p=95537513&posted=1#post95537513

roy2535

Passed Driver's Ed
Part numbers for the spoiler:

5G6827936D041
5G6827044GRU
5G6827739041
5G6805945E041
5G6805946E041

Not sure if they're 100% accurate tho.

DuckKnuckles

Ready to race!
I went on a search for gti clubsport parts and found this website that claims to offer genuine clubsport parts. Unfortunately not all of them provide part numbers. The prices are a little on the high side too.

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tun...i-2012.htm?udef[orderby]=relevanz+DESC&page=7

To list out a few:
1. Rear spoiler €1,149
2. Rear diffuser €170
3. Front bumper €1,269

This site says that the spoiler is not usable on the GTI. Is there a difference between the GTI and Golf hatch?

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
This site says that the spoiler is not usable on the GTI. Is there a difference between the GTI and Golf hatch?

I saw that too:

The Club Sport roof spoiler can be used only in conjunction with tailgate 5G6827025H or 5G6827025Q.