GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
My parts arrived today but one of the tabs on the front of the oil pan undertray was broken off in shipment due to poor packaging. I'll update the thread when I hear back from acca and how they are going to handle the issue.

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
I just placed my order last night, hopefully all my parts will arrive in tact.
Hopefully. e-acca is acting like scammers trying to claim that it was my fault that FedEx left the package while I was at work and that I should have been home to open the packaging while FedEx was standing there. Paypal claim filed.

Ursus americanus

Ready to race!
Hopefully. e-acca is acting like scammers trying to claim that it was my fault that FedEx left the package while I was at work and that I should have been home to open the packaging while FedEx was standing there. Paypal claim filed.

Damn, that's some bs. Even if you were home no delivery person is going to stand there while you open and inventory your packages. Im second guessing ordering through them atm.... How long did delivery take and was everything else ok/included?

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
Damn, that's some bs. Even if you were home no delivery person is going to stand there while you open and inventory your packages. Im second guessing ordering through them atm.... How long did delivery take and was everything else ok/included?

Yeah, they're pretty scummy. I've never lost a paypal claim though and I'm positive that I won't lose this one.

Delivery was quick once it finally shipped thanks to fedex. We use them exclusively at work and they're great.

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
FWIW, I easily won my Paypal case against e-acca and it will be easier for others to do so in the future since another strike has been placed against their account.

I'm going to try to repair the damage to the skid tray and install next week. Not sure if it will work or not.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I notice that most of the small nut/bolts/rivets that I list in the DIY guides are used for other things on other cars, so best to get from dealers as usually cheaper than web!

Internexus

Ready to race!
Big thank you to Dave for doing the homework on this, also thanks to the gentlemen doing the test work for those of us in the CONUS. I'm looking forward to hearing more and implementing some of these panels.

Ursus americanus

Ready to race!
FWIW, I easily won my Paypal case against e-acca and it will be easier for others to do so in the future since another strike has been placed against their account.

I'm going to try to repair the damage to the skid tray and install next week. Not sure if it will work or not.

They emailed me today to say the front tray they have has a broken tab and offered me a $50 discount for it. I declined so hopefully it won't take them forever to source an unbroken one.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpeg
    IMG_0742.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,725
  • IMG_0741.jpeg
    IMG_0741.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,632

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
They emailed me today to say the front tray they have has a broken tab and offered me a $50 discount for it. I declined so hopefully it won't take them forever to source an unbroken one.

I know it doesn't look much but I locate those two tabs over the bumper tray part to take the weight of the skidtray whilst I thread a couple of the bolts in the rear subframe & the front hangers.

A Very Important Part!!:cool:, I'd like a perfect one also & defo at the cost of them also!