GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

grayTshirt

I purchased a reflex silver 4 door 2016 GTI Autobahn with the performance package, lighting package, and DSG with rubber mats and roadside assistance accessory. They also added a 100,000 mile total bumper to bumper coverage with a paint sealant and interior treatment that they warranty against any imperfections, nicks, scratches or tares (including rims and tires). If I curb a wheel, tare a seat, get a stain, scratch or dent, they will fix or replace the damaged part. I also get the 10k , 20k, 30k maintenance for free so long as I do not go beyond the mileage outlined within the maintenance schedule. Here is how the numbers break down:

MSRP: $34,409.00
Purchase price: $30,160.54

I certainly did not get a "great deal" but it isn't bad and most importantly it is well within my employers vehicle allowance and this car is awesome, so I'm pleased. Hope this helps someone...

Last edited:

Angriff

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice, you got it! I think you got a good deal. It's a lot of car for $30k in my opinion. Did they tint the windows too or is it just the angle of the picture?

Last edited:

grayTshirt

Nice, you got it! I think you got a good deal. It's a lot of car for $30k in my opinion. Did they tint the windows too or is it just the angle of the picture?

Just the angle of the photo. I keep thinking about tint. I need to check out some of the reflex silver GTI's to see what I think about tint. This is my first VW and it is a great car. I certainly feel like its a lot of car for the money for sure. Its also the nicest/coolest office I've ever worked out of. Ha! Thanks!

ptsawyer

I thought the car had the lighting package, but I was wrong. So its the Autobahn trim but no PP, LP, or DA.

MSRP is 32,500. I paid 27000. I don't pay a lot attention to rebates, etc, that is all dealer mumbo jumbo IMO. I just look at the final bottom line price.

Any thoughts on this guys? Also, great forum. Excited to be part of the GTI club!

grayTshirt

Any thoughts on this guys? Also, great forum. Excited to be part of the GTI club!

Is that your out the door price? Seems decent to me. My local dealer had a white Autobahn with no PP, LP, or DA and their web price was $29,450. My GTI actually came from Columbus, OH on a dealer trade.

ptsawyer

Is that your out the door price? Seems decent to me. My local dealer had a white Autobahn with no PP, LP, or DA and their web price was $29,450. My GTI actually came from Columbus, OH on a dealer trade.

27k plus tax and title. They also threw in the rubber mats, and a $500 VW Care, which is basically scheduled maintenance up to 50k miles.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Bought mine MLK weekend outside of DC. Dealers in Atlanta wouldn't come close to matching the deal I found, so it was worth the drive and the sightseeing was great!

New 2016 Night Blue 4dr GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP

$29720 including freight and dealer fee, before ttt. MSRP was $34,945 with monster mat/cargo kit, wheel locks, and roadside assistance kit.

Edit: Fyi...their website says they have 6 other cars exactly like it on the lot (over 50 GTIs total). Crazy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

grayTshirt

Bought mine MLK weekend outside of DC. Dealers in Atlanta wouldn't come close to matching the deal I found, so it was worth the drive and the sightseeing was great!

New 2016 Night Blue 4dr GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP

$29720 including freight and dealer fee, before ttt. MSRP was $34,945 with monster mat/cargo kit, wheel locks, and roadside assistance kit.

Edit: Fyi...their website says they have 6 other cars exactly like it on the lot (over 50 GTIs total). Crazy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That is a good deal, congrats.

ptsawyer

PTSawyer,

What dealership did you buy from? I'm trying to find a deal near Indiana.

White Allen in Dayton, OH. The car I bought was the oldest car on the lot so they wanted to just move it. I think it was a bit of an "odd duck" options wise...automatic transmission, no PP, LP, or DA. But it had the autobahn trim which raised the price. I originally wanted the PP and LP, but I just couldn't pass on the color + higher trim level for only 27k, including maintenance.

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
Just ordered a 16 GTI S DSG 4-door w/PP and LP. I did the SCCA deal, and hopefully the $1500 conquest cash will still be available in 8 weeks when the car is done. Should put me right at 2k under invoice, $26,889.

ptsawyer

Just ordered a 16 GTI S DSG 4-door w/PP and LP. I did the SCCA deal, and hopefully the $1500 conquest cash will still be available in 8 weeks when the car is done. Should put me right at 2k under invoice, $26,889.

That sounds pretty solid. Manual or automatic?