GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015+ GTI for AutoX

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Anyone autocrossing a 2015 PP yet? If so, how does it do with the DSC and PP front diff?

April 12th (Sunday) will be my first event in this car. I'll post my input soon.

BlueFalcon

The noise in the sound clip happens regularly on ramps/clover leaves at 41-42 MPH and above. So far they have no idea what it is.

It happens with both stability control on and in sport. No lights blink on the dash and usually throttle is probably no more than 20-30 percent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDxk...ature=youtu.be

2015 GTI S PP with 6 Speed, DCC, LP, and DAP. Car is stock, no mods.

Per my above issue being determined to be the stability control kicking in, I am a bit skeptical about how the car will do. When they removed the ABS/ESC fuse, it went away.

Last edited:

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I'm in STU class. I'm not really looking to compete with this car but just have a good time. To be 100% honest, a stock PP GTI could easily hang with me on these courses as I spun through about 1/3 of the course due to all the extra unneeded power. The PP GTI is going to be the car to beat in GS this season, just watch. Rear end steps out so nicely too, it kicked out on every turn lol. I know someone kept recording my car during the event, I'm trying to find out who is was so you can see it from the outside.

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
Can anyone confirm the R would be DS? I see the old R and R32 were D Stock. I didn't see the new one on the 2015 classing pdf.

Apologies for asking here since it is clearly a GTI Solo thread.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Stalker alert! ;)
LMAO!

Can anyone confirm the R would be DS? I see the old R and R32 were D Stock. I didn't see the new one on the 2015 classing pdf.

Apologies for asking here since it is clearly a GTI Solo thread.
Considering the 2015 S3 was bumped up to BS class this season, the Golf R will probably be in BS as well. Sorry, but it doesn't stand a chance there with the cars in that class lol.

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
I know :(

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Stiffer rear sway and XDS+ make the rear end dance like crazy... in a good way though, it never felt completely out of control. I took a competitive Miata driver around the course once and he said my rear-end spent twice as much time hanging out as his car lol.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Rear has a ton of adjustment, the front has none. At stock height you may have -.5 to -.6 degrees, with springs you can get -.8 to -1 or up to -1.2 with some manipulation of the bolts. For an ideal track setup you need camber plates at negative 2-3.5 degrees of front camber... unfortunately no one makes camber plates yet (without a coilover purchase) and that would obviously put you in a class well above GS.