GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Order tracking during "maintenance"

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Why on earth would you want GAP insurance? In my opinion it should be the subject of the next mis-selling scandal. Your ordinary insurance will replace your car to the same value it is worth at the time it is written off so you should only lose the excess on your insurance policy. Presumably you will be saving for your next new car so you can use the money saved so far to top up what the insurance company give you to buy a new car if you really want one. If you write off your car when it is one year old your insurance should allow you to buy a replacement one year old car. You have lost nothing. If you like to line the pockets of the insurance companies the go ahead and buy GAP insurance.

Years back I would agree, my then GF had a 2001 Clio it was a 18 months old when she was making a right hand turn and the oncoming car hit the side, the car was written off, the amount from the insurance was obviously a shortfall, but the GAP insurance made up the difference so that she could again buy a 6 month old car.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
nice explanation jimble. its amazing how many people think that gap is a waste of money unless you actually have to use it. leachmj appears happy to replace a written off car of any age with like for like, that's fine. a simple gap policy that if you press your dealer you will get free anyway will enable you to be in a brand new car.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
The tracking website isn't working for me at all now - entered my order number and got the following message ... ...

We couldn't find your Volkswagen order number. Please check and try again.

I checked and tried again - several times, no change. I called my dealer - although my order is looking fine on the dealer network tracking site, he got the same result on the owner website - guess it's down AGAIN!

Nelson_224

Passed Driver's Ed
The tracking website isn't working for me at all now - entered my order number and got the following message ... ...

I checked and tried again - several times, no change. I called my dealer - although my order is looking fine on the dealer network tracking site, he got the same result on the owner website - guess it's down AGAIN!

Mine was the same this morning too and still is now was starting to panic till you posted this.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Mine was the same this morning too and still is now was starting to panic till you posted this.

I'm not, as the last time I looked it showed build week commencing 8/9/13, so hopefully the next time I can get on, it will show 'being built ' or similar :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I too am BW42 having been bumped down from 40 because of what appears to be the extended factory shut-down.

Not very happy about it, but what can you do. The tracking system is in my opinion very inefficient and inaccurate.

Not a happy bunny but what can I do?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
26th July.

From what I'm led to believe, much of the mucking about is actually the responsibility of Volkswagen UK rather than Wolfsburg.

Skinnee D

Passed Driver's Ed

I had the same yesterday but it seems to be working again now. Apparently my build week starts today (if you believe they actually work Sundays...;))

tubbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you mean the complimentary 7 day insurance? I always get GAP insurance, it'sa must on a new car these days imo.

That's what I meant Jimble complimentary 7 day insurance. Also took out GAP insurance. IMO if you're gonna spend that sort of money on a new car, you want the protection to get as much money back as possible.