GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Steering Wheel Thread

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Its growing on my a little (center sections), but yall are right, when you compare it to the MK6 wheel there is absolutely no contest.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Its growing on my a little (center sections), but yall are right, when you compare it to the MK6 wheel there is absolutely no contest.

Yes, it's grow on me as well - after the initial shock wore off.

It's still a nice wheel, I might even like the smoothe leather better than the perforated - but it's still a step down from the Mk6 wheel.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yes, it's grow on me as well - after the initial shock wore off.

It's still a nice wheel, I might even like the smoothe leather better than the perforated - but it's still a step down from the Mk6 wheel.

Its only grows on me when I dont look at the MK6 wheel :p

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hell I like my MK5 wheel better than this one, minus the red stitching, something I thought the MK5 was missing.

SHIPARCH

Why would they change something perfectly fine and ruin it. I own an MKVI GTI and the wheel is one of my favorite things on the car - the grip is perfect. Isn't the MKVI wheel one of the top 20 steering wheels?

The wheel on the prototype is not bad, but it's not MKVI good either. Hopefully this was just an interim wheel for the concept and the production version gets a similar one to the MKVI though I doubt it.

Aftershok

I am also extremely disappointed in the new steering wheel. It's just so plain and generic looking. Though the center is entirely different, the grip itself is essentially the same thickness and shape as the regular Golf. This alone may make me seriously consider the Mk6 over this when it comes time for me to buy a car. The steering wheel is one of the best parts of the current car, I think.

.:R32AtuB.

vw pride never stops baby
I like it, not to be some kind of fan boy, but i dont think there is one aspect I dont like on the GTI.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Haha swap any wheel u want in. I remember doing this on my mkv. I just pulled the air bag fuse. No cel & I could return it back whenevr I wanted.

dougcee

Ready to race!
I like the steering wheel. It amazes me how much some folks find to bitch about on the Mk.7. Hate the wheels. Hate the wipers. Hate the steering wheel. Top speed too slow. Hate the Soundaktor. Hate the standard all season tires. Paint is cheap. Turbos exploding. Warranty might not cover tuned cars. Have I missed anything? Maybe these folks should have bought something else.
I'm done.:mad: