GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Folding mirrors in when locked

vwman

Go Kart Champion
How will you get in or out of the car if you're so close to the wall that the mirrors need to be folded in?!

It could be that once past the garage entrance frame it is wider inside like my garage.

So its safer to switch them in on entering & reversing out.

As leachmj said and I didn't read !

Stripey

Ready to race!
I guess so. Although saying "Last thing I want is them to open against the wall when I start the ignition" made me think it was more of an 'inside garage' thing, rather than an 'entering/exiting garage' thing. Anyway, not important. I'm just jealous because i dont have a garage!

tubbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Ha probably right, even so he might be super slim and I am still a tubbs.. :D

Nope, I'm definitely suffering around the mid region :)

tubbs

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess so. Although saying "Last thing I want is them to open against the wall when I start the ignition" made me think it was more of an 'inside garage' thing, rather than an 'entering/exiting garage' thing. Anyway, not important. I'm just jealous because i dont have a garage!

It's a 70's style box flat roof garage, so once inside the entrance I have about another 2-3 inches to the left of the car and 12 to the right, so I need to park super close to the wall on the left. Man I'm gonna cringe every time I park the car! Thank god it's a 5 door! With my 3 door I've turned into Houdini!

Thanks for the info all!

Last edited:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Happens to the best of us - I'm not exactly waif-like myself :(

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Never was lucky enough to have a six pack. But now I sure have a barrel.

Yup - sounds about right for me too. Good job the Mk.7 is more roomy - I notice a huge difference over the Mk.6.

tubbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Will doos, can't wait now! Sure you're in the same boat!

tubbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up car :)

I can confirm that even if you have automatic mirror folding, the manual setting will override this so the mirrors don't open when the engine is started! Thank god!

JAT

Ready to race!
Just picked up car :)

I can confirm that even if you have automatic mirror folding, the manual setting will override this so the mirrors don't open when the engine is started! Thank god!

Enjoy!:D

Does that mean that you can set mirrors to open as soon you unlock the doors?