GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pure White, any regrets?

dipth

Ready to race!
So I ordered the 1.4 TSi 140 ACT with DSG a couple of weeks ago, but I'm having major second thoughts about the choice of colour.

I opted for the Reflex Silver, but I've since seen a couple of Pure White models in the wild and have caught myself with a bit of envy.

So now I'm considering asking the dealer to change the colour to Pure White, but I've been told that it's hard to keep clean.

Those of you who bought the car in Pure White, do you have any regrets and how do you feel about keeping it clean?

Could any of you post some images of how it typically looks after normal use? That might help me get a better picture.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
My Mk.6 is in Candy white which is as near as dammit the same colour. It looks great, but it's a very difficult colour to keep clean at it shows up every speck and blemish. You need to be fastidious in your detailing regime if you want to keep it looking good.

I'm in no hurry to own another white car as a result.

dickt

Ready to race!
My daughter has a white Seat Ibiza and loves it. It does show the dirt, but so does black, yellow and some other colours. As Rob says, make sure it is fully and thoroughly waxed (detailing) so that the dirt washes off easily.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
My daughter has a white Seat Ibiza and loves it. It does show the dirt, but so does black, yellow and some other colours. As Rob says, make sure it is fully and thoroughly waxed (detailing) so that the dirt washes off easily.

Next door to me has a white Ibiza, he doesn't wash it often and it hides the light film well, but I know they have different shades of white, I like the Audi white and the Ford Ice white, hope the Oryx white looks as good :eek:

marineboy

White is THE best colour for any car. It keeps as clean as any other colour, but unlike metallics it will never show swirl marks or hazing. Stone chips are a doddle to touch up. It is highly visible to all the other berks on the road. And it's not as expensive as metallics.

JohnV1

Ready to race!
White is THE best colour for any car. It keeps as clean as any other colour, but unlike metallics it will never show swirl marks or hazing. Stone chips are a doddle to touch up. It is highly visible to all the other berks on the road. And it's not as expensive as metallics.

I was just about to say the same thing. Swirls, clear-coat scratches and stone chips are nowhere near as noticeable on pure white as most dark colours, particularly deep pearl black, which is a bit*h to maintain. My previous d.p.black Mk6 you could see every single clear coat scuff that eventually can only be removed with machine polishing.

Have it properly sealed by a good detailer and the dirt will just slide off after hosing.

marvin1

Ready to race!
I am finding that I too like some whites of some cars. I am a Reflex Silver man and find it the easiest and forgiving colour to keep looking fresh and clean, even when it's dusty. I would never in a thousand years choose funereal black although they look alright in the showrooms or in a vacuum!
I don't know how a really white white would fare against my Silver however, on the keeping clean stakes. A splash of watery mud, when dry doesn't really show on Silver but can't imagine that would be the case with say, Oryx White.

dadu

Ready to race!
I gaved up Pure White and went for the Tugnsten Silver, it's the best "dust repellant" i`ve ever seen. ;)
Also, I think the body lines and overall look of the car is/are not aggressive enough for the white.

dipth

Ready to race!
Alternatively, could any of you who bought it in Reflex Silver post some images of your cars, so that I can get a better idea about how it looks in the wild?
I haven't spotted any outside the showroom and therefore has only seen the colour in artificial light.